Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Your political party will always tell you exactly for whom you should vote. Ever disagree with them and vote for someone else? Do they know?

Your political party will always tell you exactly for whom you should vote. Ever disagree with them and vote for someone else? Do they know?

Posted - July 18, 2018

Responses

I vote for whomever I want. I'm not a member of any party.
      July 18, 2018 7:03 AM MDT

Yep. My party told me to vote for Jeb Bush. i voted for Trump. 
    Before that I voted for Mike Huckabee. 

I did not vote for Senator last time....could not vote for either McSkill or Akins. 

I vote or do not vote for who I want. I base that decision on policy.

Generally if you want to make a protest vote they way to do that is vote 3rd party. If the Libertarian gets a significant amount then it does send a message to the GOP and if the Green Party does it sends a message to the DNC. This post was edited by my2cents at July 18, 2018 9:22 AM MDT
      July 18, 2018 7:33 AM MDT

• I've been voting a long time. I've never been a member of a political party. I did some volunteer work for the GOP in the 1980 election while recuperating from surgery. No, I've never followed anybody's directive on who to vote for, organized or otherwise. If I can't decide for myself, I don't deserve the privilege.
      July 18, 2018 8:17 AM MDT

I have a favoured, or default party I vote for, well two actually, but I have no real affiliation and once, shock, horror even voted Labour :P
      July 18, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

I do not vote party lines!  No one tells me how to vote.  Not the republicans, not the democrats, not the labor unions, not my relatives, not any third party either.  I carefully research all candidates/issues/propositions, weigh the pros and cons, and then make my own decision.

July 18, 2018 9:17 AM MDT

The internet is a great help in checking out the track records of candidates. I ALWAYS do due diligence and spend however much time is required to make an informed decision. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Personally I think too many people are way too lazy. Many don't even bother to vote and some who do follow what they are told to do. Go figger!   :(
      July 18, 2018 12:47 PM MDT

I don’t belong to a political party. I do tend to vote libertarian and sometimes republican. I have views from both sides of the political spectrum. I dislike the left more thank rhe right. This is due to social justice warriors, Antifa, and people attempting to shut down speakers who disagree with them.
      July 18, 2018 12:55 PM MDT