Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » I want to take this time, to thank President Trump for working so hard for the American People, and doing a great job. Anyone else?

I want to take this time, to thank President Trump for working so hard for the American People, and doing a great job. Anyone else?

Posted - July 18, 2018

Responses

I'd like to. Unfortunately, I have yet to see him doing a "great job" or "work hard," so I'll sit this one out. 
      July 18, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

Thank you.  On behalf of the still sane.
      July 18, 2018 7:15 PM MDT

I love your wit and sarcasm.
      July 18, 2018 3:00 PM MDT

Im not being sarcastic or witty. 
      July 18, 2018 3:09 PM MDT

I still love you.
      July 18, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

I love you too. ;))
      July 18, 2018 3:11 PM MDT

Definitely NOT the latter. 
     News
    WATCH Did Trump Commit Treason in Front of Putin? Here Is the Moment Everyone Is Talking About

Former CIA Director John Brennan denounces Trump's performance as 'treasonous' and Republican U.S. Senator John McCain calls the meeting with Putin a 'tragic mistake'
    Haaretz
    Jul 17, 2018 3:47 PM
    DO YOU KNOW WHAT TRUMP SAID ABOUT JOHN BRENNAN CALLING HIM OUT AS A TRAITOR?

He said, Brennan is a VERY BAD man.  WOW.  He told him.  Brennan is shaking in his boots because a two year old mind is having a tantrum and cannot even think of a good answer.  WHAT A DUMB...

Front page of the New York Daily News for July 17, 2018
    Front page of the New York Daily News for July 17, 2018Screen shot

Trump's Putin performance was 'disgraceful' blasts Republicans and Democrats alike
    Trump's appalling display in Helsinki shows Netanyahu was right all along to invest in Putin
    'Beyond treasonable doubt': After Trump-Putin meeting, Kimmel is convinced 'pee tape' exists

Standing side by side with President Vladimir Putin, U.S. President Donald Trump refused Monday to blame the Russian leader for meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, casting doubt on the findings of his own intelligence agencies and sparking a storm of criticism at home.

Although he faced pressure from critics, allied countries and even his own staff to take a tough line, Trump spoke not a single disparaging word in public about Moscow on any of the issues that have brought relations between the two powers to their lowest ebb since the Cold War.

Former CIA Director John Brennan denounced Trump's performance as "treasonous," while Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain called the meeting with Putin a "tragic mistake," although some other Republicans were more cautious.

Merriam-Webster dictionary tweeted that the top-searched words after the summit included “treason,” “traitor” and “collusion.” Not to be outdone, Dictionary.com got involved and tweeted to clarify the meanings of the two words that start trending after the meeting: “Treason summit.”
      July 18, 2018 7:18 PM MDT

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/07/16/accusations-aimed-trump-putin-summit-show-childish-hypocrisy-column/789928002/
      July 18, 2018 8:34 PM MDT

Yeah.  That.

Donald Trump is the most blackhearted, evil presence this planet has the misfortune of housing.
      July 19, 2018 7:46 AM MDT

That is your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it, and entitled to say it. I’m no fan of him myself but I’m not 100% opposed to him. 
      July 19, 2018 8:04 AM MDT

Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution spells out what is considered treason in the United States: “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have the Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.”

Under this narrow definition there only have been about 30 treason trials in the United States since 1789. Prosecution under the federal treason statute is ultimately unlikely because "we are not at war with Russia". But during the Cold War, the treasonous conduct was often prosecuted under other statutes. In light of the Constitutional meaning of treason, we all, including politicians, need to be careful who we call a traitor. It could come back to bite you. :)

July 19, 2018 9:09 AM MDT

I have a life.  I am not going to answer this insanity today.

So sorry.  You two mentally toy with one another today.  I'll play again tomorrow.  I cannot believe I really think I need to rehash this nonsense once more. 

Turn off the FOX NEWS and just listen to what the other 80 percent of the real world thinks.  Just consider that you drank the kool ade. 

Watch the Matrix why don'tcha?  That will keep you busy.  That, also is not political at all. 

July 22, 2018 9:30 AM MDT

Perfect comment. ;)
      July 23, 2018 7:39 PM MDT

Let me tell you something carbonproduct. I don't think you're a bad person, but I refuse to get into this with you to preserve the relationship that we have. Even if it's an internet one. I like you and I want to keep things that way.
      July 18, 2018 3:06 PM MDT

I feel exactly the same way
      July 18, 2018 3:37 PM MDT

I draw the line on this one.  I cannot in any good conscience have any relationship with anyone, INCLUDING REAL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE, who still cling to a person who is destroying America and everything that is sacred.  I cannot stand behind a KKK member, I cannot stand behind people who think its okay to make kids orphans because they have no place to hide lest they are murdered, I cannot stand behind LIARS-- people who KNOW BETTER. 

My real friends deserve more loyalty from me than  choosing people that have zero regard for their well-being and march to anything Trump, aka Adolph Hitler says.

There are consequences to following Trump and I, for one, will not put up with any lies.  I've had it. And education is the most important tool we have in this country to fight against despots who want to keep us barefoot and pregnant and helpless and racist.

Screw that.

Donald Trump's Allegiance to Putin is Denounced by Usually Reliable Allies at Fox News, GOP

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 7, 2018 5:45 PM MDT
      July 18, 2018 7:20 PM MDT

He's sure kept the comedic community employed 
      July 18, 2018 3:27 PM MDT

They are not laughing.  They are freaking. 

They are in shock like we all are.  It's like WHAT?????  WHATT?????? WHAAATTT?

That's usually what the comedy is portraying. 

A comedy of errors.

July 18, 2018 7:26 PM MDT

No one yet, apparently.

July 18, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

For those who care only about his policies and not his ethics, how about the agreement with Russia about Syria?
      July 18, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

Would you trust a man who lies through his teeth? I know you said set aside his ethics.. but, a man who lies, lies.. and people don't keep their promises.. this applies doubly so the Russians who are known also to lie through their teeth.. sadly it wouldn't be the first time, even in very recent history Trump has been hoodwinked easily.
      July 18, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

There are a few people on here who are only concerned with his policies, not his ethics.  I am NOT one of them.

The man and his actions---both privately and "presidential" (if one can call him that since he has re-defined the word)---are philosophically abhorrent to me.

July 18, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

Abhorrent nearly covers it, philosophically and otherwise. 
      July 18, 2018 6:20 PM MDT

I would have added "theologically" also, but I respect you view of reality.

Regards, as usual....
      July 19, 2018 10:19 PM MDT