Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » I want to take this time, to thank President Trump for working so hard for the American People, and doing a great job. Anyone else?

I want to take this time, to thank President Trump for working so hard for the American People, and doing a great job. Anyone else?

Posted - July 18, 2018

Responses

Yes, I would. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank President Just Asking for working so hard for AnswerMug and doing a great job. Anyone else want to thank someone?
      July 18, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

Good idea :) I'd like to thank my family, I've been through a hideous time, seriously could have died, work was the opposite of supportive and put me through hell, I would not have survived if it weren't for my family, and of course my counsellor and of course this site... all these things kept me going. 
      July 18, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

Thank you for your response.
      July 18, 2018 5:45 PM MDT

I want to thank you for your clever response. Lol ;))
      July 23, 2018 7:40 PM MDT

Ick and ack.. working hard? You mean all that lying and selling out his own people :( And do you mean playing golf every opportunity, and apparently he even cheats at that :(

You know |I like and respect you so much, we probably agree on a fair few things, but on this I truly cannot agree. 
      July 18, 2018 3:41 PM MDT

You’re on your own. 
      July 18, 2018 3:45 PM MDT

I freaking WISH she was on her own.

That's the main tragedy.  There are a lot of hapless, simple folk out there doing a lot of hapless simple damage thinking this way.
      July 19, 2018 8:06 AM MDT

I think this guy appreciates our POTUS.
      July 18, 2018 4:20 PM MDT

I think this guy is OWNED by Putin.  And anyone who doesn't at this late date? 

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THOSE PEOPLE?

July 19, 2018 8:07 AM MDT

Yes, I will join you in your thanks to President Trump.
      July 18, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

Thank you my2cents. ;))
      July 18, 2018 7:42 PM MDT

Dear My 2.

When the world is burning and everyone is SORRY for their mistake of following this guy (probably by next week) you will still be kneeling at the Trump altar.

How proud you two must be.

I would normally NOT hijack answers like this.  But this is the most serious fight of my life.  And I WILL NOT allow someone to go on an American Site with me as a member and let this continue without voicing back.

You don't get to say Trump is doing a good job when he denigrates our system of government to cover the most atrocious crime imaginable to keep himself out of jail.

He is GUILTY as SIN. 

Don't ya still love him? 
      July 19, 2018 8:10 AM MDT

Yawn. All is good from my view.
      July 19, 2018 8:59 AM MDT

Feels good doesnt it. Right on!  :))
      July 19, 2018 7:03 PM MDT

Yeah, falling feels like flying for a little while.
      July 21, 2018 6:25 PM MDT

And for those who will not see?   How much should we rely on their perception and judgment?  
      July 21, 2018 6:28 PM MDT

And what do we see?
    Low unemployment, high labor participation, lowest black and hispanic unemployment in history, lowest female unemployment in 50yrs. 
    High gdp
    Record high stock market
    Islamic state lost 98% of its territory
    Sanctions on Russia
    Arming of Ukraine
    Excellent Supreme Court picks
    Stronger border security

My business is up. Up from last which was my biggest year in 20+yrs. 

You are right some just do not see....

July 22, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

If all those things are true that sounds good enough for me. 
      July 22, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

It's starting to wear off, have some more Trump Kool-ade, because the withdrawal is something you will not survive.
      July 22, 2018 9:27 AM MDT

Those are facts. Not kool-aid. They are straight facts with no spin. Google the numbers. 
      July 22, 2018 11:22 AM MDT

I want to take the time to once more pity you.

PITY

July 16, 2018 1:48 pm
    At Summit With Russia, Trump Betrays His Country in Plain Sight
    By
    Jonathan Chait
    @jonathanchait

Tweet
    Pin It
    Comment

Trump and Putin, July 16, 2018. Photo: Yuri Kadobnov/AFP/Getty Images

Standing next to Vladimir Putin, after a meeting Putin had requested, President Trump was asked by a reporter if he believed the findings of his own intelligence agencies that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election. He began by floating unfounded accusations that the FBI had ignored his opponent’s misdeeds. Then he proceeded to express his doubts. “All I can do is ask the question,” said Trump. “My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I’ll say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Trump told the world he trusts the denial of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin — the very man who did the deed! — over his own government’s intelligence. Trump can’t think of a reason why Putin would have interfered in the election. The fact that Russia has interfered in multiple elections, the fact its propaganda arm had broadcast its preference for Trump, the fact American intelligence concluded Russia intervened, that Robert Mueller has produced multiple indictments detailing evidence of this interference, all mean less to him than Putin’s say-so. Putin admitted at this press conference he wanted Trump to win.

My recent story argues that we have underestimated the possibility that the Russia scandal is much worse than it looks, that the depth and extent of the president’s covert ties to Russia might run deeper and longer than many people expect. Even for those of us harboring serious suspicions about this, Trump’s performance in Helsinki was stunning. I expected some artifice, some superficial gestures of Trumpian independence, perhaps some finger-wagging for show at Russia’s naughty behavior, and assurances it would not recur. What transpired instead was far worse, and far more blatant. Trump is engaged in an act of open betrayal against his own country.

In the run-up to the press conference, Trump made a series of staggering comments. He congratulated Putin for the brilliant success of hosting the World Cup, ignoring the corruption that enabled Russia to pull off this coup. Asked by a reporter to name America’s greatest foe, he named the European Union. Even more incredibly, he blamed hostility between the United States and Russia on the United States:

This tweet set the predicate for one of the most revealing questions at the press conference. “Do you hold Russia at all accountable for anything in particular? And if so, what would you — what would you consider them — that they are responsible for?,” asked a reporter. In response to this, Trump did not mention any of the following: Russian encroachments on Georgia; Ukraine; the hacking of Democratic Party emails; repeated murder attempts on foreign soil, or the missile attack on Malaysian Airlines. Instead he insisted, “I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish.” He then started to denounce the Mueller probe as “a disaster for our country.”

In his characteristically trollish fashion, Putin offered to let American investigators interview some suspects in Russia in return for letting Russian investigators come to the United States to interview Bill Browder, a dissident Russian expatriot. Putin’s presumption either that Browder’s alleged financial crime (tax evasion) is equivalent to Russia’s theft of American emails, or that such a trade could somehow advance the cause of legitimate justice, is a sick joke.

Trump, incredibly, lavished praise upon this offer. “President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today, and what he did is an incredible offer,” he gushed. “He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.” This is not an “incredible offer.” It is a transparent ploy to simultaneously undermine the Mueller probe while extending the tentacles of Putin’s murderous plutocracy onto American soil.

The display was so unsettling and over-the-top that even some of the most paranoid observers were left staggered. John Brennan, the former CIA director, called Trump “wholly in the pocket of Putin.” As I noted in my story, Brennan has previously said that Putin possesses some secret leverage over the president. It is very strange that it’s considered a “conspiracy theory” to think the CIA director, who had access to a wide array of counterintelligence sources, might know what he’s talking about.

Asked by a reporter if he holds any compromising information on Trump or his family, Putin gave a transparently disingenuous denial. “When Trump was in Moscow back then, I didn’t even know that he was there,” he said. “I treat him with utmost respect, but back then when he was private person, a businessman, nobody informed me.” No Russia expert would give this any credence. Russian intelligence keeps close track of foreign visitors, and does not care a whit about their “privacy.” We don’t know whether Trump engaged in any behavior that could be used as blackmail leverage during his trip, but the idea that Russia would not have bothered to collect it is fanciful.

Possibly the most damning admission was one Trump made in his prepared remarks. Trump noted that he put his own standing at risk by accepting Putin’s offer of a meeting. “Nothing would be easier politically than to refuse to meet,” he said.

For all Trump’s lies, here was one truth. It is why nobody in his administration except Trump wanted to attend the meeting at all. And it has been vindicated by the sour response his performance received from his usually-slavish partisan following back home. Yet Trump, a man of few core beliefs and a fanatical attachment to polling, his reelection standing, and how his daily events play on television, nonetheless plunged ahead with an event bound to harm all three. It is no undue paranoia to ask why.
    Tags:

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 18, 2018 7:59 PM MDT
      July 18, 2018 7:03 PM MDT

Like every person in a political position, I will criticize him when I believe he has done something harmful and I will give my props when I believe he has done something positive. This post was edited by Rizz at July 23, 2018 7:35 PM MDT
      July 18, 2018 8:36 PM MDT

That first comma doesn't belong there. 

:[
      July 18, 2018 10:33 PM MDT

There is something else that doesn't belong here. This whole question.

July 19, 2018 8:11 AM MDT

HAHAHaH!! :D
      July 23, 2018 7:23 AM MDT