Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think there is a lot of discord & divisiveness happening in USA; and would Russia like to see a civil war happen?

Do you think there is a lot of discord & divisiveness happening in USA; and would Russia like to see a civil war happen?

"The Russian efforts are aimed at sowing discord and divisiveness in this country"
-Christopher Wray

"They continue their efforts to undermine our democracy"
Mr Dan Coats -director of National Intelligence 

How are they doing that -by creating various groups and influencing them to hate each other?

Posted - July 19, 2018

Responses

• Yup, you can see the hate right here at answerMug, the same kind of hate that took down Experience project .
      July 19, 2018 2:51 AM MDT

There are political groups that hate each other,  racist groups.. what else -religious groups? Pro/anti abortion groups, etc.. 

Lots of material for rabble rouses to get involved with.  This post was edited by Kittigate at July 19, 2018 4:00 AM MDT
      July 19, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

• Maybe, it doesn't matter what group, humans are sinners and prone to do evil.
     I think Thomas Jefferson was the one that said " The time to be happy is now ".
      July 19, 2018 3:12 AM MDT

hmm hate is a judgement.. it's not objective.. there are a lot on here who voice opinions, throw in a few facts and who debate in a reasoned way issues and events of the day.. sometimes those things are met with insults.. 
    As to EP, I was there, at the very end.. and I can say, there was some hate as there is in any massive online forum but truly that wasn't what brought it down and there for every hater post there was there were hundreds if not thousands of love, support and friendship. 
      July 19, 2018 4:00 AM MDT

Answering seriously, we know from all the vast amount of intelligence that seems to point to that Putin seeks to disrupt and destabilise.  NATO, EU, elections, including the aim of media messages..
      July 19, 2018 4:04 AM MDT

Did you see the cover on Time magazine?  They merged Trump face with Putin face together. I don't think Putin  wants anything to do with Trump if he ever fulfils his desire to take over the world even if Trump lived long enough.  This post was edited by Kittigate at July 19, 2018 8:54 AM MDT
      July 19, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

Yes, and sure they would. 
      July 19, 2018 4:16 AM MDT

I don't think Trump appearance of being pals with Putin will do any good to make the Russians stop doing the damage they are doing. 
      July 19, 2018 8:14 AM MDT

I’m thinking it might be encouraging for them to continue
      July 19, 2018 8:29 AM MDT

Russia wants to be ON TOP.

Thanks to the USA and our former leaders, we have managed to keep Russia and their crushing and hideous government from taking foothold in places where Democracy is enjoyed.

Russia, like darkness, cannot exist with the light shining at it.

Russia cannot LEAD when the light of truth shines on all the atrocities that this brand of government has committed in the name of suppressing freedoms for the many so that the few may order and rule.

Sound like someone you voted for? 

Because if you voted for TRUMP?  You voted for this.  You voted to have America descend and devolve into depths unimaginable.  You have voted for WAR.

No one on this free stage is gonna let this happen.
      July 19, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

The Russians are amateurs, compared to our own government.
    The "2 party system" would collapse, if they didn't constantly play Americans against each other.
    Nothing would suit our overlords better, than for an uprising to occur - giving them a valid reason to suspend the Constitution completely.

People who blame Trump for the current divisiveness in America haven't been paying attention to politics for the last few decades.
    The problem has been steadily growing, led by the leaders of both political parties and their media minions. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at February 13, 2019 4:52 AM MST
      July 19, 2018 3:17 PM MDT

Well that is rather shocking news -thanks. 
      July 19, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

I do think that and I think Russia would love to see a cival war in the US because it's easier to take over a country when that country is in chaos.  Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 19, 2018 5:50 PM MDT
      July 19, 2018 5:14 PM MDT

True and not having the US help defend other countries against Russian invasion. 
      July 19, 2018 5:53 PM MDT

Dear Rumplestiltskin:

Did you just WAKE UP?

Do ya think maybe?  Hmmmm....

July 20, 2018 8:59 AM MDT

i would hope not
      July 22, 2018 4:51 PM MDT