Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is it bad to recognize there are differences between groups of people?

Is it bad to recognize there are differences between groups of people?

When might it be beneficial? 

Posted - July 19, 2018

Responses

Not if one group were axe murders.....:(D 
      July 19, 2018 3:47 PM MDT

That depends on if the differences are actual, or stereotypes.

For example, people have different blood types ... and it could be lethal to give someone a transfusion of the wrong blood type.
    On the other hand, it could be lethal to NOT give someone a transfusion just because the other person is of a different ethnic type.
      July 19, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

Thanks. That's kind of where I was going with this... kind of spurred by the last man/ woman question of mine you answered. 
      July 19, 2018 3:53 PM MDT

We would have a really hard time classifying anyone in groups if there were no differences between them. It would also be extremely difficult to learn much about ourselves if we can’t recognize our differences.  

It is a natural function for our minds to seek out patterns in what we observe to aid us in understanding the world around us. Being able to discern friend from foe, familiar from strange, strong from weak, is an invaluable survival skill.

In what scenario could this be a bad thing? This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 20, 2018 9:19 AM MDT
      July 19, 2018 8:22 PM MDT

Well said. All good points.
      July 19, 2018 8:34 PM MDT

The problem is not differences, the problem is bad manners.

It is important to have good manners. Even people who don't have good manners consider it important to have good manners.

Unfortunately, there is no point in a child's upbringing where somebody teaches good manners.

Something very odd that I have noticed: I often mention that schools really should teach acting because we judge kids by the way they act. There is almost always one person who says something like "There is no reason to prepare all kids for a career in acting." 
      July 19, 2018 8:59 PM MDT

It's never bad to recognize differences.  It's stupid to pretend they don't exist.
      July 19, 2018 9:41 PM MDT

Recognition identification is bad when used for discriminatory oppression. A practice common place in Luciferian society under the Latter Days Beast System.
      July 19, 2018 10:50 PM MDT

I think we do that quite naturally and not just differences but similarities.  And it is all part of our survival and adaptive mechanism.  But where we go wrong is when we attribute a certain outlook or certain behavior or manners to ALL of a certain kind of people based upon just those we have come in contact with.  Which can be again quite natural but is judgmental and can be exclusionary. 
      July 20, 2018 9:06 AM MDT

Personally, I think it's respectful to notice differences, we aren't all the same, and we should be valued and our differences celebrated .. but definitely not hated, feared or used to unfairly target anyone. 
      July 20, 2018 11:12 AM MDT

i dont think so
      July 22, 2018 4:20 PM MDT