Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you aware of a country or a society that manages its homelessness problems better than yours does? ~

Are you aware of a country or a society that manages its homelessness problems better than yours does? ~

Posted - July 20, 2018

Responses

We do a pretty good job, not perfect but there are resources and things geared up to help them.. IF they choose to access help... many choose not to, for whatever reason..  I would imagine countries like Sweden, the Netherlands, etc. would do a way better job. 
      July 20, 2018 10:37 AM MDT

Not sure just what problems but I think as soon as a government gets involved in such things they cease being compassionate and start being political.  So I think that should depend on the compassion of individuals and private charitable organizations.  Have always been homeless people and will always be whatever and some people are by circumstance, others by choice.  So the answer is no I don't know of any.  This post was edited by officegirl at July 20, 2018 3:44 PM MDT
      July 20, 2018 10:48 AM MDT

Homelessness is not a problem for a country. It should be, but it's awfully hard to explain why. It's obvious that land owners are better citizens than drifters, but people in power take that to mean something like "Drive all the drifters out!"

No, not a problem at all for a country.
      July 20, 2018 2:19 PM MDT

Croatia.  Check this out:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homeless_population
      July 20, 2018 8:55 PM MDT

Thanks for your response, but I prefer not to click on links.  I'm sure it will be helpful to others who read your reply.
    ~
      July 20, 2018 11:39 PM MDT

yes when i used to live in certain parts of upstate ny and i was homeless they never sent me to the homeless shelter, i would stay with friends from church
      July 22, 2018 3:54 PM MDT