Discussion » Questions » Politics » President Trump is about to pull off something 'VERY BIG' against Iran. What...?

President Trump is about to pull off something 'VERY BIG' against Iran. What...?

Berne Sanders: "Are you, president Trump planning to start a war to get re-elected?"  

https://google.ca/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/993453/world-war-3-news-iran-donald-trump-twitter-date-2018/amp

Posted - July 24, 2018

Responses

He thinks he is deflecting all the other crimes he has committed in the past week or so.

Who can keep up these days?

The only thing Trump is pulling is God's finger.

Trump means fart.  Remember this UK definition?  He has proved he is nothing but bad gas.

July 24, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

In a perfect World he should be free to roam among us but with a Kick Me sign on his back and a homing beeper on his butt so the visually impaired  get a chance too. Cheers!  
      July 24, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

Anyway now he is looking for a red wave of sympathy..:
    "Boo Hoo ..now the Russians are going to support the Democrats in the next election". This post was edited by Kittigate at July 25, 2018 2:31 AM MDT
      July 24, 2018 9:55 PM MDT

Why don't you talk about your own country?  Seems ye have lost 50,000 Syrian refugees.
      July 24, 2018 1:14 PM MDT

Yes I been looking into it.

I think they sneaked across the border.  This post was edited by Kittigate at July 24, 2018 4:02 PM MDT
      July 24, 2018 2:18 PM MDT

As an outsider I have encountered this kind of accusation too.. the thing is, most of the rest of the world take an interest and like to remain educated about what is happening around the world. For the UK and for Canada we are spiritually and/or physically the closest allies of America, or perhaps we have been pushed aside now for Russia? But anyway, the point is naturally we are interested and we like to discuss and debate what happens in America.. Let's face it on this list there's mostly Americans so if we didn't take an interest and keep on the ball, it would be a real short trip.. 
    I do find that the world over people like to comment about what happens in other countries.. and to be fair I have seen posts on here about the UK.. People will always have opinions, we know America made it very clear they didn't want Brexit.. Obama even threatened us over it.. Trump has also made threats, albeit coming from the opposite perspective... SO realistically people comment on other countries.. it happens and probably always will... 
      July 24, 2018 4:06 PM MDT

I prefer not to comment on US internal politics, especially on an American web-site, as I am a foreigner to the USA as well as not understanding them properly anyway; but President Trump's overseas carryings-on affect everyone, and I am one of many foreigners who worries about his behaviour abroad.

It's hard to fathom out just what is his foreign policy, beyond the bluster and ignorance. Until his election, we Britons saw him really only as a builder of golf-courses on other countries' sensitive areas of landscape. 

He comes over as desperately tactless and inexperienced in international politics and diplomacy, at times he seems to respect only three national leaders (Kim, Putin and Trump), but behind the naivety, self-contradictions, random mind-changing and social clumsiness... is he actually manipulative and divisive, and if so, to what end?

Is his naivety a function of a system that appears (to an outsider) able to elect as President, a person who has had no real international political or diplomatic experience anyway? I don't recall hearing of Mr. Trump having any such role prior to standing for Presidential election.

One point to be fair to Trump, the US generally has always wanted Britain to be in the European Economic Community, now called the European Union (but never "Common Market"), for one reason - to diminish Britain's power and influence internationally. I have heard this not from so-called "Eurosceptic" politicians in the UK, but from American historians with no particular axes to grind! Now though, America's international influence is waning in turn; and perhaps some of Mr. Trump's behaviour reflects his realising that - though we cannot expect him to admit it. 

To end, I have noticed that very many of the remarks from (presumably) Americans on this site descend into mere sarcasm or insult, with no attempt at constructive criticism, analysis or reasoning. I'll leave others to decide what that says about Trump's fellow-Americans, Answermug or "social media" generally!  
      July 24, 2018 4:53 PM MDT

I suspect a number of people did not go to the polls to cast their vote for president because it was not believed that Trump could possibly win.

Combine that possibility with the fact that democracies do not always exhibit behavior that guarantees the preservation of that democracy.

And there is also a lack of education in the voters as a whole---for example, some Trump supporters on the Internet said they voted for him because he had been involved in so many bankruptcies that he must therefore know a lot about economics.

The only constructive criticism that will effectively deal with the Trump problem must wait to be proffered at the midterm elections; and then---if necessary---again in 2020.

If you look closely, you will find that there is no analysis or reasoning that will reach an average Trump supporter to change his or her mind.  

I find the only tenable answer when people who lack the actual knowledge they presume they have just because they consider themselves "logicians" tends toward insult and sarcasm.
      July 24, 2018 6:08 PM MDT

An insightful comment about the nature of democracies. Maybe it's as the song says, "we don't know what we've got till it's gone".

I have heard some political commentators say that Donald Trump himself did not believe he would win, and may even have preferred not to do so. Well if that was the case he could always stand down at the next elections!
      July 27, 2018 4:27 AM MDT

have no idea
      August 5, 2018 5:19 PM MDT