Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Music » Does Adele have a singing mate? (inspired by another answer I posted, ha!)

Does Adele have a singing mate? (inspired by another answer I posted, ha!)

"Hello" --  a Mormon Missionary parody

Give this a listen -- this guy has some great singing chops! Wait for him to kick into high gear on the choruses! Wow!
And the video is sort of funny --  and it's full of attractive people ;)  ;) 

Posted - July 29, 2018

Responses

not that i know of
      July 29, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

I thought that this guy sings her song really well.
    :)
      July 29, 2018 6:27 PM MDT

I agree Welby :) :)
      July 30, 2018 4:13 AM MDT

I agree with me, too.
      July 30, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

It sends a fabulous message.  Mormon or not, it opens an eye to the struggles being gay and being Mormon have in common.  If you are both, you are in a heap of struggle.
    But, these guys did stand up and do it and HE has a phenomenal voice.  
    I loved it Welby! :) :)
      July 30, 2018 4:15 AM MDT

I'm glad you loved it! No doubt that I find this young guy (and his companion) adorable but it's his voice - - I've already listened to this twice this morning. It helps I really like the "Hello" song --  it's by far my favorite Adele song -- and she sings it wonderfully, too.

Do you think these guys are portraying gay men? I guess I just thought they were portraying two Mormon companion missionaries. Yet, to me, too, the singer guy strikes me as very gay.
    My gaydar went off on him right away. 

I would love to listen to more of his singing -- at the end of the video it states his name- - Peter Cressman or something like that -- at the moment, the video is absent from my screen and I can't check his name -- the video appears and disappears for some reason. I don't have the singer's name for sure. But I think I may do a search on him to see if he has any other singing stuff on Youtube. 

Thanks for all your feedback in the various places I've posted about this video.

EDIT: The video reappeared -- Parker Cressman is his name. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 31, 2018 2:56 PM MDT
      July 30, 2018 8:42 AM MDT

Hi Merlin!
    I hope it was OK, that after I read your answer, I then wondered about the two guys being gay. I admit that in my head, I often assume the possibility exists that guys may be gay whom I see (especially the singer in this video, in this case). In any case, I hope my written word in my other reply here didn't sound like I was overly questioning you or anything, as if you were wrong. I didn't 'take' your answer as being wrong or anything like that.
      July 31, 2018 10:23 AM MDT

My dear friend Welby~ And I do mean "dear friend," you are one of the kindest people I've met online.  If we ever did have the opportunity to actually meet in real body flesh and bone,  I would give you the warmest and most caring hug.  It is an honor to be your friend and  know you.  Knowing you only on the internet allows me to hear who you are, inside.
    It doesn't matter to me what a person's sexual attraction is or what religion they choose to follow, if any at all.  It doesn't matter if they are gorgeous, or fat, or skinny, or black, or orange or green.
    I think the frist trick is to be honest with yourself and surround yourself with others who appreciate who you are.
    It doesn't work very well when you surround yourself with peers that don't have the same interests or can see things, even a little like you. 
    Then, it becomes self-abusive.  I'm sure we all have had our share of that.
    This guy and his friend are sending a message that they feel is important.  They are not hurting anyone by doing it. (This part is key.) They are allowing others to make a choice.  They aren't pushing it on anyone.  People can and do close the door.  
    I think all religions and people who are not heterosexual face the same struggle. 
    I am a free spirit who has feelings.  To me, everyone is allowed to believe (or not) in anything that works for them.  As long as you don't force and hurt any other animal or human in expressing yourself, you are good with me.
    If you are kind, loving, and funny on top of the others, you are even better.  You are all of those. :) :)  We will probably never meet eye to eye but that doesn't mean you won't always be remembered by me as a true friend.
    Thank you for expressing your concerns about possibly hurting my feelings.   Because I am foot loose and fancy free,  many don't realize I am very sensitive and have huge feelings, too. You're right. :)  I may be wrong. :) But, thank you for saying what you did. :) :)  If I'm not, it still doesn't matter if he is or isn't.  What does matter is he is sending a message open for all hear any way they can.  In fact, I didn't realize it was about the Mormons until the very end.  I"m not one who is big on the study of religions.  (Unfortunately.  I would like to someday :))  And I definitely agree, he has a beautiful and strong voice and would be a perfect match up with Adele for their talents.  I love you Welby!  Keep being your awesome self and growing, knowing you are a very good person. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 31, 2018 6:43 PM MDT
      July 31, 2018 3:17 PM MDT

Wow - - I can only bow my head and smile and  say, "Thank you."
      July 31, 2018 6:44 PM MDT

blushes and hugs to you too!
      July 31, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

I just watched it again -- it's funny and wonderfully heartwarming to me the more I watch and listen.
    Your thoughts are valid on this video. No matter where those two are at the moment - - they persevere.

July 31, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

• Oh Welby.  LOL.  Thanx for sending me this link.  Pretty funny stuff dude.  He has a remarkable voice indeed and my Spidey-sense is definatley picking up some not so latent queer tendancies but then I like to think that about every guy who knocks on my door.  God bless 'em.  Blessings to you as well.
      May 10, 2019 11:43 PM MDT

Hi Twinkle Dink! I'm glad you liked this! And I agree with you, and I' m with you 100%, on everything you said here!
    ;0
    And, likewise, my best and blessings to you always and GREAT to see you.
      May 11, 2019 8:22 AM MDT