Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pastor Kevin Swanson sez the California fires are God's punishment for legitimizing the sin of homosexuality. Doth thou agree with he?

Pastor Kevin Swanson sez the California fires are God's punishment for legitimizing the sin of homosexuality. Doth thou agree with he?

He is Pastor of the Reformation Church of Elizabeth, Colorado and says California's embrace of LGBTQ Rights is what angered God and caused such punishment.

Where have we heard this crap before? Oh, right. Other "men of God" have made the same claims in times past blaming all natural tragedies on God as HIS punishment of folks who have supported things these "self-righteous perfect folks" don't like. Swell ain't it? We can always rely on these so-called "men of God" to explain away anything to their own advantage and of course they always know the truth and speak the truth because they have a pipeline to God who is always talking to them. They are special you see and so you can always trust anything they say.  SIGH. :(

Posted - August 8, 2018

Responses

lmao.  My right-wing uncle would say the exact same thing and he lives not very far from Elizabeth CO.  The part of Colorado that's around Castle Rock, Elizabeth and Parker is pretty much the political polar opposite of San Francisco or Berkeley so that pastor has lots of company in his neighborhood.
      August 8, 2018 7:05 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Liv and condolences to you for your right-wing uncle who is like this wingnut wackadoodle pastor! Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 8, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

Ignorance and intending to wind up gullible people.. either way it's wrong and incorrect. 
      August 8, 2018 10:04 AM MDT

I wonder why so many so-called "men of God" think they have a right to speak for Him? I"m gonna ask. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      August 9, 2018 3:22 AM MDT

Bullfeathers!
      August 8, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

So many so-called "religious leaders" arrogantly think they have a right to speak for God. I wonder why? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 9, 2018 3:23 AM MDT

I wonder more why people actually believe what they say.  Happy Thursday. :)

August 9, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

Nope, God does not work that way.
      August 8, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

Why do so many so-called "religious leaders" believe they have the right to speak for God? Why do so many so-called  "true believers" believe them? T'is a puzzlement. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Thursday to thee.

August 9, 2018 3:25 AM MDT

Faith in religion is a sickness, and we get to suffer the fools most heavily infected.
    Where’s the outrage over this hateful nonsense from the “reasonable” believers? 
    Mankind will never stand to something resembling his full height whilst weighed down by the unnecessary burden of superstitious ignorance.  
      August 9, 2018 4:42 AM MDT

That seems presumptuous and gratuitous. How would he know for sure?  No way.  Seems rather he is just taking things he believes and using one to support the other.  Which is neither helping the people displaced by fires or the so-called "homosexuals". This post was edited by officegirl at August 9, 2018 6:33 AM MDT
      August 9, 2018 5:17 AM MDT