Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Now that the website 'Asker's Pick' is defunct, who do you think will return here? I miss Harry. I also think Weylon is already here.

Now that the website 'Asker's Pick' is defunct, who do you think will return here? I miss Harry. I also think Weylon is already here.

Posted - August 9, 2018

Responses

• It seems I remember someone here mentioning that site a few months back, but I'm not sure.  I just looked and the it returns "Account Suspended".  I wonder what happened.  Anyway, I hope former members there will migrate here.  It would be great to have them.
      August 9, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

I miss Asker's Pick but most of them probably aren't coming back.  Some of the people who left here to go to AP also lost interest in AP so they stopped posting there.
      August 9, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

I miss Harry too.  I went there and signed up.  I did so because I thought it was an extension of answerMug and some of my friends were there.  I think I ventured over to that site about a dozen times.  I stopped when I saw it wasn't what I had assumed.  
    It is a very nasty trait of mine but when I find a group of people I respect and have fun with, I don't venture.  I am as loyal as they come.  

This is not sucking up.  No jokin' around.  I have very limited experience on Q and A sites.  Like many, I am very busy in day-to-day life and nerve-racking activities.  But I MAKE time to come here. Truly, one of the reasons that enticed me to stay was becoming friends with JA.  Even from my limited experience, I find that style of actually REALLY getting to know the people that are here makes a difference.  Her style made me feel like she wasn't above us or she didn't have the time.  She ALSO made time.  The same rule applies to the monitors.  They also are not only out here but make you feel a part of their lives too.  

There is a feeling here that we all create.
    A little bit of magic among us. :) :)
    I didn't find that at Asker's Pick .   There was a bit more sarcasm.  Some of the people lost their finesse.  It wasn't done with class or style.  I do have a biased opinion but it still counts. 
    I do miss Harry.   Wherever Harry is, I wish him and her the best. 

Little mental release there.  Back to your question.  I haven't been over there since about the first week it opened.  I'm not sure who is there and who might come back. Sorry.  But thanks for letting me share my thoughts.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 10, 2018 6:25 AM MDT
      August 9, 2018 9:40 AM MDT

I'm with you on the reasons I come here. I have little other fun. All of my friends here bring me a bit of cheer in my hum-drum life.
      August 9, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

Strange thing for me - - I signed up and during one of the first several times I was posting I realized that my computer screen for some reason did not show the whole front page? And, on the right side of the page, I think, I could not get to the place to click "sign out" when I was done. I could never sign out. For all I know I'm still floating around in Asker's Pick, still signed in.
      August 9, 2018 11:21 AM MDT

I think I might be too Welby. :s!  I'm not sure if and how to sign out either.  It's like your trapped in time and space out of a curiosity you had. 
      August 9, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

:)
    :)
      August 9, 2018 4:53 PM MDT

I came back and I didn't even leave.....:(
      August 9, 2018 11:58 AM MDT

How magical. I came back before I left. Top that one, baby. LOL
      August 9, 2018 12:12 PM MDT

I'm on top in this one Element. LOL! This post was edited by Merlin at August 10, 2018 1:54 AM MDT
      August 9, 2018 2:47 PM MDT

Ah, yes...the sammich.
      August 9, 2018 3:45 PM MDT

That's exactly where I was going too!! 
      August 9, 2018 4:02 PM MDT

Cum again then ....that's magical to I hear.....:)D 
      August 9, 2018 12:17 PM MDT

You turn up the magic Nice Jugs!  It's always good when you're here! :D! 
      August 9, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

All the political questions get me down ...I have no idea who or what the people are talking about....there names are all so unfamiliar to me a
    so when they talk about this leaders bad or that ones worser..... an don't even get me started on the Amercian Politicans.....:(DDDDDD
      August 9, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

I live in the United States and half the time I don't either.  I read them if they are my friends but I get enough of that on the news.  It is important to let all vent things that are pertinent in the world abroad but it does bring me down, too.  Many times  I just skip over them and move on to the fun questions  and responses.  Hanging on those for long periods of time gets frustrating. :) :) 
      August 9, 2018 3:15 PM MDT

I think you missed the point and inner answer to my response to yours.....lol
      August 9, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

not sure why they took it out in the first place
      August 9, 2018 3:40 PM MDT

I don't like Askers Pick, and actually notifications call it "the correct answer."  Gag.  I don't need a gold star on my homework.  Thanks anyway.  I do appreciate it when my answer is chosen but, come on, most questions here have no "correct" answer.  And if they do, obviously the asker doesn't know what it is or he wouldn't ask the question.  So why is he saying who is correct.

Common sense is in short supply.
      August 9, 2018 4:19 PM MDT

It was another q and a site that Weylon started.
      August 9, 2018 5:48 PM MDT

I know about that.  My answer has nothing to do with it, which I now realize is what the question is about.  I'm laughing out loud.  Seriously, laughing at myself.    Well, now you know how I feel about Answermug's OP-picked winner.  I'm sorry Weylon's site is defunct.  I did join but never got used to how it worked.  

Oh yeah, a friend is one who will try to keep you from making a fool of yourself.  Thanks!.....but too late.  

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 10, 2018 1:55 AM MDT
      August 9, 2018 6:26 PM MDT

Yep it is definitely clear how you feel about the asker's pick on AM. Lol
      August 9, 2018 8:21 PM MDT

I miss Harry and Lyrical! And Jaimie! Would be great if they came back!!  I had completely forgotten about AP. I joined, went a couple of times, then forgot about it. 

August 9, 2018 5:14 PM MDT

Jaimie? I haven't see her for a few years.
      August 9, 2018 5:39 PM MDT