Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Even small fish in our oceans are swollowing humans plastic waste and dying ,they have found million year old species like the coelacanth ~~

Even small fish in our oceans are swollowing humans plastic waste and dying ,they have found million year old species like the coelacanth ~~

~~ with Potato Crisps (chips) packet in there stomachs...
Once the oceans are devoid of life ,will that cause the onset of World War III  as the population of countries begin to die of starvation to....?

Posted - August 10, 2018

Responses

If we can comprehend the earth as a living network of interconnected ecosystems, what science has labeled “Gaia”, we can begin to understand how the collapse of one component will domino to affect all others. 
    The oceans are the basis of life, shape the land, dictate the weather and regulate the chemical composition of the atmosphere, at least that’s how things worked for eons. We reckless, arrogant humans have inserted ourselves into this complex arrangement absent understanding the measure of our potential impact upon it.
    As we have begun to grasp the reality of our deterioratiing situation, there is still a large faction of inexcusable denial among those who fail or willfully refuse to embrace it. 
    Once the oceans are sufficiently defiled and life systems within them are corrupted, we are headed toward a grim future indeed. Not acknowledging the fact doesn’t change what’s coming. Our petty squabbles, abundant weaponry and wasteful wars will only serve to expedite our demise. Yet we will most likely continue to stupidly concern ourselves with those, instead of cooperating toward our most common need. This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 12, 2018 5:22 AM MDT
      August 10, 2018 6:06 AM MDT

I wish I could give more than one Asker's pick...your answer is amazing to...

Why are the great nations of the world scouring the oceans for discarded plastic waste ...how they will cleanse to ocean floors where all bottom feeders and encrustations live and eat is truly beyond me....these creatures are absorbing plastics into their bodies and it's becoming part of their flesh....
    .in turn ,fish eat fish that eats fish that's fish that ends up on our dinner plates....
    .plastic packaging has to be banned globally today and not next week....it matters not what prob it will bring...
    Far better hardships today than risking the decimation of all living creatures tomorrow...

Why do sensible  environmental laws protecting al living creatures and nature  take so many years to pass..
    Why didnt large companies take heed 30/40 years ago...if laws are passed to day about plastic waste they will all beg for extra time to change things and find altunatives....
      August 10, 2018 10:25 AM MDT

I’m guessing you meant “Why AREN’T the great nations of the earth scouring the oceans...”.

I think the best reply is one we both know: there isn’t any money in it. It’s not in the interest of their business(es). 
    This partly explains the ignorance of Trump the buffoon, and all that ilk, on the subject of the environment. Partly. This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 10, 2018 11:58 PM MDT
      August 10, 2018 7:57 PM MDT

yes ,there's something wrong with my spellcheck ....it's for ever hanging words....

it must be to late allready I think...
      August 11, 2018 12:02 AM MDT

About 90% of plastic in the ocean is dumped there by just ten rivers, all in China and Indonesia. 

https://www.dw.com/en/almost-all-plastic-in-the-ocean-comes-from-just-10-rivers/a-41581484

So what do you think we Americans can do without starting a war?

August 10, 2018 7:56 AM MDT

England and America and all nations are to blame....Does America still tow huge domestic refuge barges out from New York and dump it in the oceans off shore ? 
    America has an agreement to dump Rubbish of the coast of Venezuela....not that they wanted it,.
    America dumps 12 million gallons of acid Wey into it rivers each year....one litre kills all fish life in one hundred yard of a water course....
      August 10, 2018 10:33 AM MDT

Whether that is true or not, it changes nothing. The problem belongs to all the world, and unless all the world is on board with correcting it, it will get worse. 
      August 10, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

I'm sure it's easy to check if you live there....England makes its people recycle all domestic ,everything plastic,metal ,paper that goes in your bin.....huge fines for people they catch not recycling....

Most all local councils incinerate it in huge furnaces or it all goes to land fill or is shipped to China or other poor nations to dispose of it....
    China  now has stopped taking English waste...quite rightly so....

Mainland Greece has the biggest domestic Rubbish dump in the world...it's so big and they have been tipping there so long..ten years plus ago they had raised the ground level half a mile....the ground wobbles as lorries drive over it...No one knows what's buried under it all..:(
      August 10, 2018 11:59 AM MDT

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/En-coelacanth.ogg

I bet you never heard that word pronounced correctly. And I don't agree with that demonstration either!

August 10, 2018 5:56 PM MDT