Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Military » If Russia put hostil boots on North American soil how many Divisions or Platoons would it take to take over your area?

If Russia put hostil boots on North American soil how many Divisions or Platoons would it take to take over your area?

I like to think it would take a Division or 2 to get the best of the county buskins in my area but in reality they could probably  do it with 3 Platoons. But whenever they least expected it we would still send a flaming tractor their way or drop Douglas firs on their camp. Cheers!.

Posted - August 12, 2018

Responses

Well, I dunno. How big are divisions and platoons? 
      August 12, 2018 4:23 PM MDT

A division is 10 to 20 thousand  solders plus they have a bit of light armor. A platoon is 50 to 100 solders  with 1 to 3 machine guns and  a rocket launcher or 2. So since they would be on your turf you could probably easily handle a platoon or 2. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at August 12, 2018 4:36 PM MDT
      August 12, 2018 4:32 PM MDT

The word hostile is still spelled the old fashioned way, and unless you're referring to a particular platoon and/or division, they should be lowercase. 
      Beyond the grammatical, your question begs basic background or basic knowledge of military tactics, strategy, order of battle (size/types of units), deployment of forces, etc.

There are many different types of both platoons and divisions, use of which depends on the mission at hand:   infantry, armor, mechanized armor, air mobile, air assault, airborne, air defense, machine gun, mortars, rockets, artillery, light artillery, field artillery, heavy artillery, sniper, assault, defense, service, recon, rangers, support, motor transport, engineer, communications, medical, military police, intel, paratrooper, amphibious, mountain, chemical, food service, graves registration, etc. 

To merely surmise that enemy troops have landed is insufficient to answer your query without stating more about the enemy situation. Specifically, a Five-Paragraph Order, or SMEAC (Situation, Mission, Execution, Administration/Logistics, Command/Signal) Order is the approach to answering, but even rudimentary information about the who, what, when, where, how and why of the enemy needs to be known. 

~

August 12, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

• I'm fairly sure the neighborhood is prepared to defend itself with all the shots I hear throughout the night.  
      August 12, 2018 6:51 PM MDT

Well maybe you should tell them to save their ammo just in case the Russians attack Cheers!
      August 12, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

Considering how many Russians have already moved into my neighborhood, I believe the hostiles are already here and half of them are wearing babushkas.
      August 12, 2018 9:26 PM MDT

Yikes - hope there rot an advanced sleeper cell of babushkas wearing Storm Troopers.   Also hoping that you are confusing a Ukrainian babushkas for a Russian babushkas because if they are Ukrainian they would likely help protect your hood if the Russians attack it. There is a dangerous but reliable text that you could use to find out if their Ukrainian or Russian. If you were to ask them if they would like to come over to your house for a pierogii dinner a Russian spy would likely say - da. But a Ukrainian would say - what's that (because they call pierogiis - Pettahay).. Cheers)
      August 13, 2018 10:01 AM MDT

They're Georgians and Bukharan mostly.

EDIT:  Spelling of Bukharan corrected. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 31, 2018 11:26 PM MDT
      August 13, 2018 11:56 AM MDT

I have no idea. That's something I've never really worried about. :)
      August 29, 2018 4:33 AM MDT

Depends on too many factors, where? When?  What type of forces?  What type of action are they engaged in?

You have not provided enough information to generate an effective plan of any sort
      October 31, 2018 5:32 PM MDT

In my area we can't even hold the line against Mexicans. Of course we need them to pick the crops, so we really should stop treating them like enemies. 
      November 30, 2018 6:34 AM MST