Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you could read every book ever written in every language how would that change your life?

If you could read every book ever written in every language how would that change your life?

Posted - August 28, 2018

Responses

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. (Ecclesiastes 12:12).

You'd have to be Methuselah and then some to do it. 

August 28, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

What if you had a photographic memory and could read VERY FAST Malizz?  Just glance at a page and capture it like a snapshot? And of course comprehend everything too?  I often wonder what knowledge  existed many centuries ago that we will never know because the books/scrolls of those times were destroyed? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      August 29, 2018 4:04 AM MDT

It would make life miserable.  While some books contain knowledge and wisdom, many more contain the words of the sick minds who penned them.  Books of hate, violence, intolerance, bigotry and lies.  What one puts into their mind affects their life.  
      August 28, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

Touche Shuhak! I did not think of that. I agree with thee 100%. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      August 29, 2018 4:06 AM MDT

If I could, I wouldn't, but to speak every language in the world would be awesome.
      August 28, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

Are  there some "languages" that are not meant to be spoken Ele? Like Sanscrit (sp?). As Shuhak pointed out and I agree some books are filled with ugly and violent and sick and evil and I would not want any of that in my mind. I had not thought of that when I asked the question. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      August 29, 2018 4:08 AM MDT

That's why I woldn't read the books.
      August 29, 2018 8:23 AM MDT