Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I would expect that fans of crossword puzzles and Scrabble are more articulate than those who are un. Are you one who is or one who is un?

I would expect that fans of crossword puzzles and Scrabble are more articulate than those who are un. Are you one who is or one who is un?

Some folks carry on a life-long EXTREMELY intense relationship with words. Others are barely ships in the night. A brief glance and then they move on to other things and never once look back. Why the contempt disdain no use for words by some while others celebrate them daily?

Posted - September 2, 2018

Responses

I am a "word" person.  I read all the time, I do crossword puzzles and love playing Scrabble with someone who is as good as I am or better.  Now, math ... that's another story.  Sometimes, I need more fingers. :)
      September 2, 2018 10:37 AM MDT

I have a Scrabble-like game on my computer called BESPELLED . I am as addicted to it as I am to Answermug. Here's what I do every morning when I turn on the computer. I check the weather so I can let Jim know what to expect. Then I go to Bespelled and play for a few minutes. Sometimes I play for a lot longer than that if I'm on a roll. I have racked more than a million points on more than a few occasions so when you are on a roll like that you do not leave because well you're on a roll. I'm a retired Internal Auditor so numbers and I get along very well. But I don't spend time solving math problems. As I said on another thread I have a large dictionary which is always open and on a table close by. I use it daily. It also includes  a copy of The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution which I often read because of whatever the abomination in the white house who thinks he is president keeps  trampling on and crushing what is written there. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 3, 2018 3:39 AM MDT

I shall have to see if I can get that game on my computer as well.  Sounds interesting.  There is a "games" section on Yahoo, but I've never looked at it since I thought it was mostly like Angry Birds or Candy Crush, neither of which interest me.  Happy Labor Day. :)
      September 3, 2018 10:00 AM MDT

I've never investigated "Candy Crush". I can't imagine that it takes any brainpower at all though I do not know. It is apparently very addictive. And anything named "Angry" doesn't draw me in. I also have poker games  that I play offline. I used much more oftenly but I'd rather stick with Bespelled. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      September 4, 2018 3:34 AM MDT

I haven't investigated any online games as that isn't my "thing."  Happy Tuesday. :)
      September 4, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

Me too neither! :)
      September 5, 2018 3:00 AM MDT

:) :)  Happy Wednesday.
      September 5, 2018 8:37 AM MDT

I play Words with Friends, an online Scrabble clone.
      September 3, 2018 4:45 AM MDT

I shall investigate it Sbf. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 4, 2018 3:35 AM MDT

Daily crossword and Scrabble.

My expertise in grandiloquence is nonpareil. 

September 4, 2018 5:11 AM MDT