Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You are a thoughtful, caring, honest and intelligent leader. You think what is best for the country the majority don't. What do you do? WHY?

You are a thoughtful, caring, honest and intelligent leader. You think what is best for the country the majority don't. What do you do? WHY?

Posted - September 2, 2018

Responses

If one is truly a thoughtful, caring and intelligent leader, they will do what is best for their people - despite what the majority may say.  A leader such as this will, however, carefully weigh all advice given to him and discount that which is not in his/her people's best interests.   Just because a majority of people prefer something doesn't automatically make it the best (or wise) way.  A leader who is swayed only by the majority is a weak, spineless leader.  Sometimes the minority's way is the best way.   A god leader not only weighs the advice, but looks at the facts and the outcomes of all ways before acting.

September 2, 2018 9:50 AM MDT

It would be something I'd wrestle with and think about long and hard. I'd try to have the best minds involved and use them for sounding boards. I would go to the people and tell them chapter and verse WHY a certain course was what I wanted to do. I'd cross all the t's and dot all the i's and present my case to them as best I could. No secret deals. No closed door midnight Executive Orders. No shenanigans. No conspiracies and collusions and "what's in  it for me"? considerations. I  believe I would finally decide to do what was best and then let the chips fall where they may. In the end to whom/what do you owe your allegiance? Your conscience or what the people want? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak.
      September 3, 2018 2:46 AM MDT

Agreed.  No leader can do what's best for 100% of their people. That's impossible.  A good leader gets all the input/info they can (from all sides), weighs the pros and cons and makes a decision based on what's best for his/her people.
      September 3, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

Exactly. Shysters and con artists and liars and scammers don't do it that way. We got stuck with one who is all those things. Our bad luck! :( Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      September 4, 2018 3:42 AM MDT

I would seek advice from all quarters and try to do what is best for the majority of the people of the country.  
      September 2, 2018 10:08 AM MDT

In your opinion of course L. That's all we have in the end isn't it? You'd follow your conscience and do what's best for the majority in your opinion even if the majority disagreed with you. And then see what happens. How could you do otherwise, right? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      September 3, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

Well, it wouldn't just be my opinion, it would be a consensus of the opinions of those around me whose advice I trust.  If every one of my cabinet members advised not to do something, I probably wouldn't do it.
      September 3, 2018 10:03 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply L. I wish donjohn had that kind of cabinet but the only folks he tolerates are those who say "yes" to everything he wants to do. :) Sadly. :( This post was edited by RosieG at September 4, 2018 9:34 AM MDT
      September 4, 2018 3:40 AM MDT

That's what they all think. If they can't make it happen by a straight vote, then they try to sneak it through before people realise it. 
      September 4, 2018 5:34 AM MDT

AARRGGHH! Dagnabbit Malizz! I'd ask why do they do that but I know why. Being sneaky is what pols do best. Just our bad luck. :( Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :)
      September 5, 2018 3:02 AM MDT