Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What weird, slightly irrelevant, non-scary, non-traumatic thing do you remember?

What weird, slightly irrelevant, non-scary, non-traumatic thing do you remember?

I remember the breeder and sire/mother of my first pedigree cat..  I remember the breeders of the others, of course but not usually their pedigree.  My first pedigree cat I *bumped into* when I went to meet a lady about a dog!  We were looking for our first family dog and we went to meet the breeder.. to my surprise when we got there we were literally invaded by felines.. And I fell in love with the breed... I saw what I felt was THE most handsome feline ever, his name was Rupert!  He was stunning! We got the dog... a puppy but I never forgot the cats... and eventually ended up with a kitten too.. The most awesome feline ever. I still remember his daddy's pedigree name. 

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

A dragon fly dive-bombing a moth. Very cool.
      September 4, 2018 1:17 PM MDT

That sounds traumatic :P and actually, it reminds me... of my last holiday/vacation a few weeks ago.. just a long weekend really but I went to a nature reserve... and was busily photographing this butterfly... was really proud of the pics I got... then this dragonfly swooped in and caught my butterfly... and settled down to eat it :( So I took pictures of the dragonfly instead..and very good pics they are too... but it does make me a bit sad seeing them. 
      September 4, 2018 1:39 PM MDT

Nature at its finest.
      September 4, 2018 3:54 PM MDT

How to drink out of a straw.
    Helium.  It was the only thing the went up instead of down.
    The wind and echos.
    The moon and it's power over us and the earth. 
    Astrology signs we all are born under.
    Astronomy and everything that goes with it.

September 4, 2018 4:26 PM MDT

Hydrogen also goes up.
      September 4, 2018 5:43 PM MDT

But, but, but... when I was a kid all I knew was helium balloons!!  ;) ;)
      September 5, 2018 5:55 PM MDT

Oh...It goes up, baby. (Yeah, that's me.)

September 5, 2018 6:18 PM MDT

(its power)
      September 4, 2018 10:09 PM MDT

Randy, you are aware "it's" in my power to strike you down at any given time or place....  Lucky for you, I am a kind wizardress. 
    You are right.  I was wrong.  Thank you.  ;) :)
      September 5, 2018 6:01 PM MDT

~ that I have more-than-several original movie posters in my home. And I have four different ones of the same movie, all in different styles -- Gus Van Sant's excellent "Elephant." One poster is from USA, one is from France and one is from Korea (unsure if North or South or even if that matters) and the last is an 8 1/2 by 11 cool piece.

~ the only movie of which I have four posters from This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 5, 2018 6:01 PM MDT
      September 4, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

Well when I was grade 3 the music teacher asked me to just mouth the words to the Christmas song the class was going to sing in the Christmas concert because I was a horrible singer. It messed me up for awhile but now I sing loud and proud - still doesn't sound the best but I don't care. Cheers!
      September 4, 2018 10:20 PM MDT

When I was 6 or 7 I, for some reason, put a quarter in the cast on my arm. When I had the cast removed, the quarter was still there and it was embedded in a gross lumpy rash. The rash didn't bother me and it was easy to eliminate, so it was no big deal, it just looked nasty. I remember the doctor asking me why I never told my mother or anyone and I was just like "I didn't think it would be a big deal."
      September 5, 2018 5:29 PM MDT

i rennennber seeing nny brother in a baby basket when i was 3
      September 6, 2018 5:33 PM MDT