Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What is the best excuse you've come up with for being late for any engagement?

What is the best excuse you've come up with for being late for any engagement?

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

We used to have to give our dog his insulin at specific times. Legit excuse to be late or to leave early.
      September 4, 2018 5:41 PM MDT

An injection of humour wouldn't be re'miss if you were in my shoes....  :)D 
      September 4, 2018 6:31 PM MDT

I'm sure your shoes are too small for me. I can inject things other than humour, too.
      September 5, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

I thought I'd get your joke in a stroke....but sadly we are oceans apart on this point....:( D 
      September 5, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

So True!  A scary one but definitely Legit. 
    Unless you were a cat person..... 
    Big winks and smiles!
      September 5, 2018 12:53 PM MDT

I hate being late for anything. I leave early for everything. The last time I was late for something was years ago. I was either 19 or 20. My girlfriend at the time and I were going  a family gathering of her’s. This woman will be late for her own funeral. She was the stereotypical has to change outfits and her hairstyle a few times. Her makeup had to be perfect. When we finally arrived I simply said, “You know whey we’re late. You’ve known her longer than I have.” Everyone knew. I didn’t date her for too long. Her self-absorbed personality coupled with her obsession with her appearance drove me nuts. Since then I have dated women who don’t wear makeup or wear very little.  
      September 4, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

(There's no apostrophe in "hers".)

September 5, 2018 6:09 AM MDT

Ok. Please don’t tell my English teacher. 
      September 5, 2018 2:21 PM MDT

Late for her own funeral???  That is hilarious!! If you ever cross paths before her funeral, please  tell her someone else be doing her make-up and hair if she is planning on an open-casket.  They will have to do a rushed-job because she thought she could do it better!  
    Too funny Rizz and I'm glad you don't date her any more.  

September 5, 2018 1:00 PM MDT

I never hated her. She drove me insane and I found her personality obnoxious. She was superficial, a trait I never was fond of.
      September 5, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

The word or thought of "hate" on anyone's behalf didn't come into play my friend.  I was saying how funny the statement is while she was so self-absorbed.  It's o.k. if you two didn't mesh.  You weren't made for each other and  that is cool. Most of us have had a person we thought might work and haven't.
    Sometimes the chemistry just isn't there.
    I simply liked your analogy. :) :) 
      September 6, 2018 4:06 AM MDT

I understand. Wish me luck at the doctor today. 
      September 6, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

I will be floating with you my friend.  With twinkles of magical dust and good thoughts and happy vibes.  You can write me before and after and let me know how it goes.  You're not alone. 
    Please remember, "think good thoughts because....
    Big soft energy around you.  Hugs!!!
      September 6, 2018 4:13 AM MDT

Thank you. I’m trying my best. I’m just nervous. You know why because of what I have told you. It will be okay. It will be okay. Merlin’s magic and support will help me. :)
      September 6, 2018 4:15 AM MDT

I'll be there in your mind with twinkles.  Good Luck.  Remember, slow and easy.  The world is a place you decide it to be.  I say a Happy! Happy! Place with good people and good thoughts and good animals and pizza, and smiles. :) :)
      September 6, 2018 4:28 AM MDT

You are good and luck accompanies your good.  :) :)  Good Luck. :) :)
      September 6, 2018 4:16 AM MDT

I've had to use them all over the years...I have no concept of time when my mouth is in gear....:(  
      September 4, 2018 6:58 PM MDT

I love this answer Nice Jugs.  Sometimes I suffer from the same illness. :) :)
      September 5, 2018 1:02 PM MDT

Is that just a Chatter of fact answer though.....:)D
      September 5, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

I'm booking you in Hollywood.  Pack Your Shoes!!!  The Laugh Factory is waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hugs and Loves!! :) :)
      September 6, 2018 4:09 AM MDT

It will be Humour for the Consumer :)D
      September 6, 2018 5:50 AM MDT

I'm tellin' ya' right here and now.. Hollywood (without traffic) is 25 minutes away at best.  I've made it to "The Laugh Factory" in less  but that was in an Austin Healey. 
    I've seen stand-up live, and you have it! 
    If I were an agent but even since I'm not.... I still might be able to pull some strings.  I know you are in England or somewhere there about but I really think you've got a talent that could be absorbed, BIG TIME out here on the West Coast. 
    I say this from a Consumer and a person of interest and reason.  And a person who knows people who know people.  You are flat-out funny, consistently.
     Happy! Happy!
      September 6, 2018 6:12 AM MDT

I live in in North West London...about six mikes from the queens big house...I have two older brothers ,one older sister and one younger sister and brother...we are all around two years apart....than there's my dad the wag,or he was until I came along...
    The girls are small and petite like my mum...my brothers all large like my dad.....us girls bad to be a bit sassy to survive...
    When I can along and I was walking at about 9 months I played everyone up...still do really, I can't ever keep quiet........lol

September 6, 2018 12:06 PM MDT

I organise myself to be on time; the only thing that could delay me is the unexpected.

I give the reason, whatever the truth is - and don't treat it as an excuse.
      September 4, 2018 7:45 PM MDT