Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » If you could own land, where would it be? Why?

If you could own land, where would it be? Why?

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

oh if I could...LOL
    Maybe next lifetime...a place on the 
    Ganges river in Northern India would work.
    ...or I've thought about a place in Italy
    maybe on the Sea...hahahaha sweet dreams...
    ...OK, down to Earth, Maybe own where I live so I
    could get Solar for the house. The Electric bill
    (my place is all electric) is outrageous.

September 4, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

All those are wonderful ideas and places.
    I'm glad you put in your request.
    By doing so, you never know what will happen on your next visit to Earth.
    The Universe works in mysterious ways....

Thanks Baba! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at September 6, 2018 7:07 AM MDT
      September 5, 2018 11:40 AM MDT

I own an acre. I would love to have more acreage. But the surrounding land is not for sale....maybe one day. 
    I even tried to purchase the land and buildings from my business landlord. But banks and Sm Business Administration does not allow a purchaser to rely on remtal income to make payments even if the rent can be proven to be stable for decades. So we still rent. 
      September 4, 2018 5:34 PM MDT

You are such a responsible person and would be a great land owner.  I think they should allow it. These are things that drive me crazy about laws and government of land sometimes.  
    I do strongly believe the character of a person should over rule laws that were set up before even knowing the person making the request.  I wish you the best.  If I could change it for you, I would.
    Thanks my2cents for being the good person you are. :) :)
      September 5, 2018 11:45 AM MDT

I am satisfied with the small plot of land my house is on.
      September 4, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

AAAWwwwwweeee... Such a Nookers!  
    You are Awesome. :) :)  You do deserve more just because... :) :)
      September 5, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

Thanx. I don't need more. We have enough trouble keeping up the yard and the snow in winter.
      September 5, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

Honestly, in a nearby town out in the country. I would love to have a moderate amount of acres so I could shoot my firearms for target practice, ride a four wheeler, and not have neighbors right on top of me. This post was edited by Rizz at September 5, 2018 11:48 AM MDT
      September 4, 2018 6:08 PM MDT

If I could find a picture and it were safe to, I would show you the land we live on and the targets Don and I put up.  We live on such a steep hill we can't have a garden and don't have a front or back yard.  Shoot! We barely have room to shoot!  We did set up a bunch of targets and shot our pellet gun.  It was a fun past time.  a long story I'll write to you when I have a moment.  I asked these questions and feel the need to answer the people who took the time to respond to them first.  I like it when they answer and like to give them the same. :)  I will tell you about it, soon.  Hugs and smiles! 
      September 5, 2018 11:53 AM MDT

I would love not having to go to shooting ranges to practice. I would also love not having neighbors on top of me. I have a family a couple of house down who throw parties all the time. They’re loud and obnoxious. They‘ve had the police called on them a few times. 
      September 5, 2018 2:18 PM MDT

I live on a 160 acre parcel.  I don't have any plans to move anywhere else.
      September 4, 2018 6:13 PM MDT

Good for you Livvie and a grand plot, I'm sure.  After hearing about your fabulous garden, you have tilled the Earth well.  Happy! Happy!
      September 5, 2018 12:02 PM MDT

I live on 65 acres, not too far from a village, town and city.
    Plenty of options to be in nature and still access lots of culture.
    Chose the place because I think the geography and climate has a slightly better chance of surviving climate change.
      September 4, 2018 6:39 PM MDT

I have real estate holdings in five (US) states, including commercial properties, rental houses and two residences.

Since I already live where I want, I’d seek out acreage, lots or structures that can generate income regardless of where it is. I have no interest in rehab properties or owning farms or forest land. 
      September 4, 2018 7:27 PM MDT

You always give me a "WOW!"
    You really leave me speechless and that is hard to do.  Trust me.  Many people, including my family, have tried and not been successful. 
    However, you haven't got me, quite yet, on this one.
    Above and beyond the "WOW," I wish you the best on your income properties.  I am looking to turn our current house into a rental.  Anyone who rents from me will, hopefully, be as pleased as I have been living here.  I wouldn't own nor rent property I would not live in.
    As far as forest land, I would own them so others wouldn't build on them.  I'm all for saving the forests.  One of the problems is over-population and no place to house all of us.  Another topic.   Thanks Don Barzini.  I appreciate your input. :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at September 6, 2018 7:10 AM MDT
      September 5, 2018 12:11 PM MDT

Some of the problems with owning forest land are property taxes (particularly in certain states) that must be met from other sources of income, property insurance, potential fire loss, and keeping poachers and squatters out and the consequences inherent in failing to do so.

Some friendly advice: if you haven’t already, look into a management company to manage your rental(s). There’s a small percentage cost off the top, but the peace of mind is worth many times that fee. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 5, 2018 9:37 PM MDT
      September 5, 2018 8:52 PM MDT

I own land in Florida, Georgia, and Washington.  I'm buying some land in the East Tennessee mountains with some family members.   The Georgia plot is for sale.  I'm never going to build up there.
      September 4, 2018 11:00 PM MDT

Very Nice Thriftymaid.  It is wonderful to know good people own land in a variety of places.  I worry sometimes all the land will go to developers and soon The United States will be nothing but parking lots and apartment complexes.  
    Thank you for owning so that doesn't happen. :) :)
      September 5, 2018 12:19 PM MDT

I'm not worried about developers.  I don't like the amount of land now owned by foreigners.  
      September 5, 2018 8:31 PM MDT

• My parents own land in Sacramento and at Lake Tahoe, which sounds pretty perfect to me. I would love to own a few pieces of California land, particularly at Lake Tahoe or in Napa Valley or on the beach somewhere like Carmel. 
      September 4, 2018 11:02 PM MDT

Nevan, if you could be any more perfect, I would do back handsprings from my house to Lake Tahoe.  :) :)  I like your thinking, as always. :)) This post was edited by Merlin at September 6, 2018 7:14 AM MDT
      September 5, 2018 12:21 PM MDT

Well we do own land and it is our house lot in I guess what could be described as an "upscale country suburb" west of Boston.  I think though I would like to own some land in Maine - have always thought of that though will probably never happen. 
      September 6, 2018 5:49 AM MDT

i wouldnt , cant afford to buy land
      September 6, 2018 2:58 PM MDT