Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » Most of us have at least that one family member who drives us nuts. Who is this person and your family?

Most of us have at least that one family member who drives us nuts. Who is this person and your family?

Sadly, mine is my dad. I have a legitimate complaint; he’s racist. I love him because he’s my dad, he’s been a great father, and has always treated my mother well, but I butt herds with him over his racism and racist comments. I have kicked him out of my home a couple of times for using racial slurs. 

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

My next-to-youngest brother. He's a were-turd - only human when the moon is full.
    James is a whiner, and for some reason dislikes his niece - my daughter.
      September 4, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

It used to be my mom but now my relationship with her is slowly improving.  We butt heads a lot less now.  She's much much better at being a grandparent than she was at being a parent.

I have one cousin who's become the most annoying person in the family but I don't see her a whole lot which is a probably a good thing.  The only thing she ever talks about now is Donald Trump.  She hijacks every single conversation and makes it about Donald Trump.  She was annoying before the last election but now she's just completely gone off the deep end.  She gets really nasty with Trump supporters which means she's now nasty to pretty much everybody because her definition of a Trump supporter is everyone who isn't as liberal as her, even if they didn't even vote for Donald Trump. 

My father-in-law has become the same way as your dad with the racist comments.  My husband says this is a recent development with his father but it's really embarrassing because my FIL has a voice that carries and now hubby doesn't want to go out in public with him.
      September 4, 2018 8:31 PM MDT

She’d get along with several people on here...Thanks for your reply. This post was edited by Rizz at September 4, 2018 8:32 PM MDT
      September 4, 2018 8:32 PM MDT

I can't think of any in my family or extended family either...
    We all get on really well and my kind of sisters abd brothers in laws are more like my own brothers and sisters..
      September 4, 2018 9:05 PM MDT

If my home burned to the ground and I lost all my worldly possessions, my sister would say ' You think that's bad? This morning I burned my toast and had to have a bagel instead.'
      September 5, 2018 6:38 PM MDT

all of thenn drive nne nuts
      September 6, 2018 2:51 PM MDT

My mom is a real gem. Even though she's nearing 90 years old, she still harbors resentment for things that happened when I was ten years old. 
      September 28, 2018 11:21 PM MDT

My father used to, but he died two years ago and doesn't anymore!
      September 28, 2018 11:41 PM MDT