Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » How do knives get dull if they are only used to cut things softer than they are?

How do knives get dull if they are only used to cut things softer than they are?

Posted - September 7, 2018

Responses

Maybe it the boring people that uses them ,some time with having to listening to them endlessly,it's enough to take the edge off of anything.....not all people are Grate conversationalist ....
    Unlike this Living Dull over here in Blighty....:)D 
      September 7, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

Two be quite blunt with you is not always a bad thing...Its a good job I'm thick skinned and yore cutting remarked are like Walter of a ducks back....  :(D 
      September 7, 2018 8:17 AM MDT

I saw a chef on one of the shopping channels answer this very question.....it's because when you cut something, the blade's hitting the cutting surface, which, of course, is hard.......and that's what dulls a blade over time!!

pretty cool, huh? I'd NEVER have thought of that, but then I'm not too swift when it comes to 'culinary stuff'LOL

:-D

:
      September 7, 2018 8:34 AM MDT

In the same way hearing a relative tell you over and over about his vacation trip - repetition.  (Incidentally, don't bother throwing the dull  knife at your relative... it only makes them talk longer.  And you can't get away from them in jail). 
      September 7, 2018 9:03 AM MDT

They are safe, then. I can no longer throw anything.
      September 7, 2018 9:09 AM MDT

probably over tinne
      September 7, 2018 11:44 AM MDT

• "Either Ben's answer or magic ... take your choice." :)

September 7, 2018 12:59 PM MDT