Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How's your humanity holding out? In this sometimes superficial, sometimes cruel world?

How's your humanity holding out? In this sometimes superficial, sometimes cruel world?

Posted - September 9, 2018

Responses

It's holding out quite well. I suppose it helps that I have a rather mellow personality.
      September 9, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

I so admire that in a person.. I don't have it and would love to.. 
      September 9, 2018 7:32 AM MDT

What makes you assume that I'm one of you humans?

~
      September 9, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

You seem somewhat too good to be true sometimes, with your perfect knowledge of grammar.. Maybe you studied it on computer before coming to our planet... and the accumulation of so many tildes.. that cannot be just luck.
      September 9, 2018 7:31 AM MDT

A. Mortal. Has. Figured. Me. Out. 
      This. Does. Not. Compute. Grrrrrrrr. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      September 9, 2018 7:34 AM MDT

hahahahaha you were foiled again. 
      September 9, 2018 2:24 PM MDT

My humanity continues to evolve it’s perspective of the roiling world around me. I am convinced that the vast majority are good, decent, hopeful, well-intentioned people; but flawed, in most cases by a preference for trite and limited understanding, and petty motives. The little bubbles most of us exist in are indifferent to the larger problems that we create by living this way. It will cost our descendants in ways we have yet to imagine. 

Frankly, the more I discover, the less I like what we are, what we’re doing, what we’re saying, where we’re going and what we are leaving behind. By we, I mean humanity en masse. 

To me, humanity is the state of our relations with each other, and with the planet we all inhabit; and how we perceive these things. I can’t find an argument at this point that our good is sufficiently confronting the inevitable consequences of our bad, despite my sense of humanity straining for it to be otherwise. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 9, 2018 7:36 PM MDT
      September 9, 2018 9:06 AM MDT

inn trying
      September 9, 2018 2:30 PM MDT