Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Would everyone please take a moment of silence at some point today and remember those who lost their lives 17 years ago?

Would everyone please take a moment of silence at some point today and remember those who lost their lives 17 years ago?

Can we also honor and appreciate all the first responders? 

Posted - September 11, 2018

Responses

I remember exacty where I was on that day I stood there open mouthed ......how quickly time has passed....I was thirteen then I think and don't think I will ever forget the first images of it happening...

How sad it ever happened....
      September 11, 2018 5:20 AM MDT

I woke to the news on the clock radio that the towers had been hit - then watched in horror on the TV as they collapsed. A friend of mine from Sydney was visiting (en route to Perth), he'd spent the previous 2 years in the States and had lived in Greenwich Village for six months - he was white-faced in shock. Those edifices had so dominated the NY skyline, he couldn't imagine the city without them. Both of us thought that World War III had started, particularly as the Pentagon (a military target) had also been hit.
    The full repercussions of the attack have not yet played out - mesothelioma is slow. Those buildings were loaded with asbestos and the dust cloud blanketed Manhattan. Expect a spike in those types of cancers within the next couple decades.
      September 11, 2018 5:34 AM MDT

okay, i think thats a good idea
      September 11, 2018 9:47 AM MDT

More than once, yes
      September 11, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

I’m currently watching a documentary on the 9-11 attacks. They have some survivors speaking. I became a little emotional when they were speaking about a 24 year-old who was helping lead others to safety while carrying an injured woman in his back. After he led them and carried the woman to safety he returned upstairs to help others. He was never seen again. There’s a true hero. 

September 11, 2018 5:47 PM MDT

Definitely.

(Chills up and down my spine with that story.)
      September 11, 2018 5:52 PM MDT

It about made me cry. I was watching the Yankees pregame show for a minute and unknown reason as I hate them. They showed some clips from the tribute memorial service at ground zero. I did cry watching the loved ones of the victims. I will never forget the horror of watching the second plane hit the second tower on television. I can’t begin to understand the terror the people who were actually there and endured these tragic events felt. 
      September 11, 2018 5:56 PM MDT

I can't begin to, either.

I never saw a "live" image of what was going on that day - - sort of interestingly, I was listening on the radio to the Howard Stern Show. They were watching from their studio and sharing what was happening. I heard all of the tragedy on the radio. That was horrific enough, just to hear.

I'm always pretty much crying anytime I hear about any of the details of that day and what our fellow human beings went through. Just terrible.
      September 11, 2018 6:13 PM MDT

Interestingly, Trump's only comment at the time was to brag that his Trump Tower was now the tallest building in New York. He wasn't President at the time, but it's still a rank indictment of the kind of man he is.
      September 11, 2018 8:23 PM MDT

While I understand and agree with what you’ve said, is it necessary to turn a non political conversation into politics and to take another jab at Trump? I find it disrespectful to the victims and their loved ones on the anniversary of this tragic event. I get it’s beyond disgusting what he said, but there’s plenty of other threads on here to discuss his lack of character.

September 11, 2018 8:29 PM MDT

Don and I did yesterday Rizz.   A good thing to ask and a very sad moment in time.  
      September 12, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

9-11, an unforgettable day for everyone worldwide. Truly a day of major historical significance. So many lives lost. How tragic that all the victims had no idea how that morning they awoke would be the last time they would see their spouse, mother, brother. Their lives cut short by a senseless and evil act. How comforting to know this world with all its misery is about to end. ( psalms 37:9,10) those that perished as a result of 9-11, have the hope of the resurrection on a paradise earth. (John 5:28,29)Their lives were not lost in vain. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at September 14, 2018 10:49 PM MDT
      September 14, 2018 10:30 PM MDT

Yes we all should.
      September 16, 2018 11:36 AM MDT