Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have no fear. Pat Robertson placed a shield of protection and said a prayer meant to BLOCK the approach of Hurricane Florence. Feel better?

Have no fear. Pat Robertson placed a shield of protection and said a prayer meant to BLOCK the approach of Hurricane Florence. Feel better?

Posted - September 12, 2018

Responses

No I feel worse because now some people might think their safe and decide to stay. Cheers!
      September 12, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

• Personalities aside, my faith is invested in the one who is master of the storm. Despite the fury and might of these natural calamities, there is one who is in ultimate control. So, while we respect the power of these things and we try to use good sense and judgement to protect ourselves, there is shelter in the creator of all natural forces. Our Lord is a fortress strong and never failing. One thing I've learned over the years, is that there will always be those who won't pray even in the face of impending disaster, yet they don't mind having those around them pray. In the days ahead there will be much prayer offered for all those affected. There can never be too much prayer. I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. 
      September 12, 2018 9:44 AM MDT

Too bad your invisible “fortress” Lord can’t just spare us the dangerous hurricane altogether. Then there would be no need for fear, or prayer. 

Two hands working are more useful and productive than ten thousand clasped in prayer.
    Theists are amusing. Until they aren’t. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 12, 2018 5:56 PM MDT
      September 12, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

Robertson should take a staff and stand on the coastline somewhere and use his staff to wave off the hurricane like Moses did to part the Red Sea. 
      September 12, 2018 10:24 AM MDT

Can you hear my eyes rolling?

I will never doubt the power of God nor the power of prayer.  However, I will doubt those who think they can control God, or use Him like a magic charm.   Those who do this clearly show that they neither know nor understand who or what God truly is, and slander His holy name.
      September 12, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

I believe the very same Pat Robertson said that certain natural tragedies were God's punishment for homosexuality. Did he not?  God made all of us.  We are all his children and therefore brothers and sisters. I guess Robertson et al forget about that or never really believed it! :(! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      September 12, 2018 12:36 PM MDT

He's one of those charlatans who use God's name to promote their own agenda.
      September 12, 2018 1:37 PM MDT

Is that old fool still making money lying about his God? The only thing more shameful is that people are foolish enough to watch his program. 
      September 12, 2018 5:20 PM MDT