Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » BEARDS......WTF?

BEARDS......WTF?

why are beards so hot amongst young guys right now?  

whether it's full grown, or that annoying 'stubble' *****,  WHY WHY WHY?

BEARDS TO NOTHING TO MAKE A MAN LOOK BETTER

MATTER OF FACT, A BEARD AGES A MAN'S FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

so anyhow, I know it's a 'thing' right now, but give me a clean cut, shaven face anytime!!!!!

and if you guys think stubble and beards make you look good, 
you are 
out
of
your
minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok???????

see???????????????

hmmmmmmm?

Posted - September 13, 2018

Responses

You gave the answer.

"Beards age a man's face".

Part of being overweight (and Americans have an "epidemic" of being overweight) is that there is more fat on your face, so you look younger.
    Growing a beard is so much simpler than getting out of their custom gamer chairs and exercising.
      September 13, 2018 8:59 AM MDT
  • D&D

I think it can be sexy. And stubbles too. I mean Dean Winchester.
      September 13, 2018 9:02 AM MDT

Dean looks good in just about anything.  I went through a struggle in the beginning between Sam and Dean trying to decide who was more attractive.  In the beginning they were a tie.  When Sam started to grow out his hair and have sideburns, Dean topped the chart.  Still, so this day, they both are very attractive.  They do need to age WITH the characters.  
    I will have to say,  I still would rather have them both clean shaven for their characters.  It's just personal preference.

As far as Jensen and Jared, I say whatever they are comfortable with and their wives are happy with is the most important.  My opinion is irrelevant. What makes them happy is.   I would like to go and check out the pub they are opening some day.   Please know, I am looking at Dean and Sam as characters that were perfectly cast with a story that has out-lived many.  Even though they don't look like brothers and aren't in real life, their personalities have made the characters true to belief and the world, today.  The writers and cast crew need a ton of recognition; unfortunately, it is something they never seem to get.
    Yes.  Both men are very handsome, to this day.  I am happy they've shared their personal lives with us along with the characters they have helped to create. 
    I'm not a teenager and wasn't when I began watching the show back in 2005, I think it was.  I just have an appreciation for the stories, the men and women (who are beautiful as well) who helped the writers make the show.
    As I've said,   I like clean shaven men.  I'm pretty sure I'm a minority and my husband and I aren't the audience they are looking to attract.  We just like how it has grown and have huge appreciation for all involved. 
    As you can tell, I am secretly a big SuperNatural fan. :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at September 13, 2018 6:01 PM MDT
      September 13, 2018 10:37 AM MDT

well now
    everyone has an opinion Huh?
    anyway your question/statement
    will probably be eliminated
    for the f word...haha
      September 13, 2018 9:34 AM MDT

It has actually become a word in the vocabulary used today that many have accepted.  It is used almost as much as the word "the."  
    When you and I were growing up, it meant something entirely different.  It was a word we did NOT use and was NOT appropriate at any time.  If we said it, we were grounded or punished.  Now-a-days, it seems, it doesn't hold any power. 
      September 13, 2018 11:11 AM MDT

you're right of course.
    But I see it changed to "......." LOL
    So he escaped the wrath of the 
    overseer...haha

September 14, 2018 1:37 PM MDT

You could have made your opinions known without being rude or using foul language.
      September 13, 2018 9:39 AM MDT

I’m 38 and I have a beard for two reasons. I have sensitive skin that becomes severely irritated when I shave and because I’m room lazy.
      September 13, 2018 10:54 AM MDT

My wife likes mine. So do I. Oh, I'm 66...not a young man. I guess all of those young men want to be like me, eh?
      September 13, 2018 10:33 AM MDT

Hi Element.  A beard you say?  Ahhh HA!!
    Oh the ways I could respond to this are so many, it would take pages.  I could write an entire book on you as a beard, no with a beard.  OH, wait, you grew a beard.  

Maybe we could have beard growing contests?...
    You do know, I have a very stately beard.... 
    One of Disney's writers gave me one.  It does itch from time to time.  Does yours?  Big winks and smiles! 

This post was edited by Merlin at September 13, 2018 10:49 AM MDT
      September 13, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

It itches very infrequently. Every now and then I will shave it for a few months. The reason I grew it is I hate shaving. Maybe we could swap photos.
      September 13, 2018 10:51 AM MDT

I am stroking my beard and smoking my pipe.... let me consider that for a moment.  Hmmmmm

It seems you have an advantage.  You have already seen pictures of me.  Archimedes and I will talk this over..  You may be hiding behind your beard, you see....  Hmmmmmm .....
      September 13, 2018 11:18 AM MDT

I've thought it over and it doesn't seem fair.  I've had to shave 1/2 my body for years!  Many times in places that bring on tears.
      My goodness my dear, shaving just a portion of your chin is hardly a match for my body-shaving spin.
      Places you may never knew hair even grew! 
      September 13, 2018 11:27 AM MDT

My dear...you don't HAVE to shave anywhere...you want to, for reasons I will never understand.
      September 13, 2018 6:04 PM MDT

You are absolutely right.
    I look rather funny with hairless-legs and pits
    But a full-length beard so white.

I'll look into that option
    next time my contract
    is up for negotiation. 

Thanks for the thought! ;) :) 
      September 14, 2018 1:01 AM MDT

Some men look good with scruff and some don't.  Some look good with a short beard, some don't.  Personally, I like a mustache on some men and goatees on others.  Just a matter of taste.
      September 13, 2018 11:03 AM MDT

not sure why they like thenn
      September 13, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

Personally I love a man with a beard....must be well trimmed and kept. 
      September 13, 2018 11:33 AM MDT

We don't have beards in England.....I can't speak for the guys though.....:( This post was edited by Nice Jugs at September 15, 2018 8:15 PM MDT
      September 13, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

I always thought a well groomed beard was pretty hot, particularly the goatee, but it seems the lumberjack look is getting more popular and I just find that...gross..
      September 13, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

It's just fashion.
    Think back to old photos and paintings of past centuries. 
    Whatever is the norm is what most people find acceptable or desirable.
    Some people prefer to be different, either as rebels or trend-setters; as the new look becomes familiar, fewer people have negative reactions.

Electric beard machines probably make it easier to maintain than it used to be - and maybe, for some, it's more comfortable than constant shaving.

I do pity the women who have to put up with bristles and red-raw sand-paper rashes from kissing.
      September 13, 2018 10:31 PM MDT

Exactly my thought!  This is why I am happily married to a man who does not poke me or prod me bristles and scruffiness scratching every which way and the other.  
      September 14, 2018 1:05 AM MDT

I love facial hair. I always have. It's manly and rugged. 

You can keep the clean-shaven ones and I'll take the ones with beards, ok? 
      September 14, 2018 12:18 AM MDT

Yet another reason we get along so well.   We would never fight over the same man.
      Bring on the clean-shaven!!  Big Giggles! This post was edited by Merlin at September 14, 2018 7:05 AM MDT
      September 14, 2018 12:48 AM MDT