Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » According to him who knows all him says Democrats are manipulating the death toll numbers in Puerto Rico to make him look bad. Agree/dis?

According to him who knows all him says Democrats are manipulating the death toll numbers in Puerto Rico to make him look bad. Agree/dis?

I seriously doubt that himself needs any assistance in that endeavor. He makes himself look very bad every day in every way by what he does/does all alone on his own. But I digress. Or do I?

Posted - September 13, 2018

Responses

Is it even news anymore? Trump says something else really stupid, absent facts, for his own benefit. It must be Thursday. 
    We should recognize that the so-called leader of the free world lives in an ever-deepening delusion of his own making. His affection for self-aggrandizing fictions has led him to personally alienate virtually every international ally the US has, and defile the prestige of his office, while muddying the waters of whatever accomplishments he can legitimately claim. It is both laughable and painful to witness. 
    I’d say his impeachment becomes a greater possibility with each fatuous comment.

History will not be kind to Trump This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 14, 2018 3:13 AM MDT
      September 13, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

Amen. He ain't an authenticc prez so he should be an asterisk and footnote. I like that. I'm gonna ask. I just read this morning that on top of transferring $10 Million out of the FEMA budget to the ICE budget, super don also caused $29 MILLION to be transferred out of the Coast Guard Budget and transferred into the ICE budget! Building cages and kennels to house kids ain't cheap m'dear! Apparently super don fears babies in their parents' arms far more than he fears having the death of American citizen occur on his watch.  I also heard via TV which is covering Florence constantly that currently 150 people are on their roofs waiting to be rescued. I wonder how far $29 million would have gone to save people's lives? Of course no matter what TRUE grim stats are the result super don will make them seem so glorious and reflective of his greatness grandness goodness! We're so dam* lucky to have him aren't we? Do you count your blessings DB? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      September 14, 2018 3:21 AM MDT

Trevor Noah has the best current tweet: S**tstorm Donald has strengthened to a Category 5 as it bears down on the U.S. with a reckless disregard for facts.
      September 14, 2018 3:22 PM MDT

I’m a fan. 
      September 14, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

• If Trump can be a "co conspirator" with nature and manipulate a storm, then it should be easy for Democrats to pad the casualty lists. This is so far beyond bizarre that it doesn't deserve mentioning by sane people.
      September 13, 2018 5:43 PM MDT

After making the following statements, I don't think Trump needs the Democrats to make him look bad:

"President Donald Trump became the butt of jokes on Tuesday as he warned Americans about a "tremendously big and a tremendously wet" hurricane this week."

“They haven't seen anything like what's coming at us in 25, 30 years, maybe ever. It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water,” Trump said, before an apparent reference to Hurricane Harvey's toll on the Houston area last year. “It could very well be very similar to Texas in the sense that it's tremendous amounts of water ... probably more water than we've ever seen in a storm or a hurricane.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-mocked-warning-east-coast-tremendously-wet-hurricane-075031049--abc-news-topstories.html

I was actually very concerned because I thought perhaps they were going to have one of those dry hurricanes.
      September 13, 2018 10:30 PM MDT

Oh sweetie your tag line cracked me up! A dry hurricane? There has gotta be a question in that brilliant line and  I'm gonna find it and credit you without naming you. Sheesh. I just learned that on top of super don transferring $10 million out of the FEMA budget to ICE he also transferred $29 Million out of the COAST GUARD BUDGET to the ICE budget. Building cages and kennels for the dangerous children and parents seems to be far more important to super don than saving the lives of American citizens. Last I heard 150 people were on their roofs waiting to be rescued. Think $29 million could have covered it? Thank you for your thoughtful, informative and spot-on reply L and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 14, 2018 7:57 AM MDT
      September 14, 2018 3:25 AM MDT

Happy to have made you laugh.  I'm appalled at the amount of money being funneled out of FEMA for other things.  As for people being on their roofs needing to be rescued, I'm really sorry for them, but how many of them were told to evacuate and they didn't heed the warnings?  Having to send people in to rescue them puts them at serious risk.
      September 14, 2018 7:59 AM MDT

I totally agree with you about the people who refused to leave when they could. The GOVERNOR TOLD THEM that the rescue teams would not be able to help them when things got very bad because they were NOT going to jeopardize their lives rescuing people who could have left but didn't. Even so transferring money out of budgets to help people and transferring it to budgets that egregously harm people seems particularly evil to me. Do I hear another quesiton on deck? Thank you for your reply L and and didja see the question you inspired?
      September 14, 2018 8:51 AM MDT

I agree that moving the money out of FEMA was a big mistake.  I'll look for that question now.  Happy Friday. :)
      September 14, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

Thanks L and thanks! :)
      September 14, 2018 11:55 AM MDT

What's relevant here is that the official death toll in Puerto Rico was 64 people. That is up until Goerge Washington University did their very recent study and raised the death toll from 64 to over 4000. The questions one needs to ask is, where are the bodies. Is there an actual list of the 4000 plus people that have supposedly died? Can this list be presented for all who are interested to view? If not, why not?  Not to mention the discredited methodology used to conduct this study and it's vastly inflated numbers. It's no secret that there are people, including some here in AM, who want President Trump out of office. People who are willing to use almost any means to do just that. A large part of the blame for the 24/7 attacks on President Trump, falls to the liberal media and those who actually believe it. As always, just my opinion. :)
      September 14, 2018 9:22 AM MDT

Forget all the "studies" and statistics and ask yourself this:  If a horrific hurricane washes over a small Island, decimating virtually everything in its path, flooding the entire island, virtually wiping out El Junque rain forest, 99% of the island without electricity or running water and little food, how feasible is it that only 64 people would have died?  
      September 14, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

You say "As always, just my opinion. :)"---that disclaimer saved me a lot of typing.

September 14, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

They would not hesitate.  Nor would they hesitate blaming the hurricanes on him. 
      September 14, 2018 2:17 PM MDT

It’s as if those like you imagine Trump sitting stoically behind a desk, not bothering anyone.

Open your eyes

Trump tweets/tells lies, delusion and division EVERY DAY, and demonstrates his profound unfitness for office nearly every time he appears in public. What will it take to recognize the obvious? 

Spew enough bile on enough people for long enough, inevitably it is returned in kind. Yet it‘s the in-kind RESPONSE to Trump’s impetuosity that his supporters gripe about, NOT the insolent POTUS constantly instigating the virulent dialogue. 

Sorry, Officegirl, that’s a ridiculous bias. Exactly what you accuse the media of. 

People in glass houses.... This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 14, 2018 5:59 PM MDT
      September 14, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

Trevor Noah has the best current tweet: S**tstorm Donald has strengthened to a Category 5 as it bears down on the U.S. with a reckless disregard for facts.

Finally on The Daily Show, Trevor Noah also brought up Trump’s Hurricane Maria tweet. “He would have won the hurricane if you deduct the thousands of people who died illegally,” he joked.

Noah continued: “After all the beef Trump has had, I feel like it was only a matter of time before he started a beef with dead people. This was inevitable.”
      September 14, 2018 3:27 PM MDT

The ghost of John McCain awaits...
      September 14, 2018 3:52 PM MDT