Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » What’s the best, funniest, and most successful prank you’ve pulled on someone?

What’s the best, funniest, and most successful prank you’ve pulled on someone?

I can’t post mine on here. It is legendary though. Those who want to know and are able to message me to find out.

Posted - September 14, 2018

Responses

(legendarily)

Too many to choose from, so I'll have to go for memorable and funny rather than decidedly best. 

I was stationed in the Pacific at a base on an island that had a lot of wildlife. After going on patrol in the jungle one day, my platoon was returning to when I spotted an old discarded leather satchel that looked as if it had been there for years. World War II battles had been fought there, and decades later, artifacts were still being found, so I picked it up. It was very old and weathered, had no markings on it, but I couldn't tell if it was 1940s vintage. Also, it turned out that there were no artifacts in it. I kept it anyway, and minutes later, we marched into camp.
      Another platoon was staging near the gate, its sergeant was a guy from Tennessee, and for some reason, I suddenly thought I'd pull a trick on him. Acting all excited, I yelled out to him, "Look what I just found, I can't believe it has all this money in it, I'll bet it's a collector's item!"  As soon as I said the magic word, money, he came running. He poked his big mitt inside the bag and pulled out the fake rubber snake that I neglected to disclose above. Thinking it was a real live snake, his eyes bugged out as he dropped the wiggling toy and he jumped nearly five feet in the air straight up. He took of running, did a 100-yard dash, and both platoons were bent over laughing.  "Where are you going?" I shouted after him, "It's only a rubber toy!" When he realized he had been had, he cursed me out a blue streak. As it turns out, he had been deathly afraid of snakes all his life, and on patrol his biggest phobia was encountering one in the tropical setting in which we were stationed. The men in his platoon knew that, I didn't.
      Eventually, he cooled down, but for the rest of the deployment, I had to watch my back for the day he'd seek revenge. (He never did.)

~
      September 14, 2018 6:39 AM MDT

That’s hilarious.
      September 14, 2018 7:24 AM MDT

Legendarily is an adverb and doesn't fit. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 14, 2018 11:43 PM MDT
      September 14, 2018 1:03 PM MDT

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/legendarily
      September 14, 2018 3:37 PM MDT

My dictionary sux. It is an adverb, though and legendary is appropriate. I change my response. Thanks.
      September 14, 2018 5:40 PM MDT

Sux---Suxamethonium chloride?  (lol)
      September 16, 2018 9:00 PM MDT

That is a very funny story.  hahahahahaha  
      September 14, 2018 5:13 PM MDT

I had acquired the shell of a puffer fish then one time when my friend came to visit I put it in the toilet bowl and lowered the lid. When she went to use the bathroom.. "SCREECH!!" She had to do her pee sitting on the edge of the bathtub. 
      September 14, 2018 8:08 AM MDT

LOL!

September 14, 2018 8:40 AM MDT

When I worked for Ralph's (a grocery store), my "office" was in a niche beside where the produce cold box exits into the back room (I even had a large office desk).  Any type of food that was left on or even in my desk (paid for or not) was constantly "disappearing".  Of course, no one would admit to doing it.  So, one day, after months of this happening, I took a package of Exlax off the shelf (the chocolate kind).  Using my box-cutter, I carefully scraped off the words "exlax" and set the "candy" on a paper plate atop my desk.   I'm happy to say that after that no one ever took anything from my desk again.
      September 14, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

HA!

One time, the female dorm invited the guy's dorm over for dinner.
    The guys thought the dessert was "tampered with", since it was chocolate cake.
    I was the only guy who trusted the gals not to do that, so I ate the cake and thanked them for a wonderful dinner.

The cake wasn't a prank - and the gals were PO'd at all the guys for suspecting they would do that.

After that, the gals would constantly give me some of whatever they had baked (cookies, cakes, pies) - but no other guy got anything.  LOL
      September 14, 2018 11:41 AM MDT

You know those firecrackers that you pull the string to set off?
    Well, you can also tie the string to drawer and cabinet hardware - so the firecracker goes off when someone opens the drawer / cabinet.
    Yep.  I did that to EVERY drawer/cabinet in a couple dorms while everyone was gone on Christmas Break.
    Some of those weren't set off for months, because the drawers/cabinets they were in were seldom used.  LOL

September 14, 2018 11:38 AM MDT

While on my first ship, one of the men in my division was on his bunk taking a nap and snoring with his mouth open. We got a hot dog, warmed it up and placed it in his mouth. He jumped up, spitting and gagging. Another time we duct taped another shipmate in his bunk.
      September 14, 2018 1:08 PM MDT

i havent pulled any pranks
      September 14, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

I'm not a prankster either on the giving or receiving end.  I am not amused with pranks. :  I
      September 14, 2018 5:14 PM MDT