Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can super don swoop in right now today and pardon Manafort or did that horse leave the barn, the train the station, the ship the dock?

Can super don swoop in right now today and pardon Manafort or did that horse leave the barn, the train the station, the ship the dock?

Posted - September 14, 2018

Responses

By rule, he could issue pardons at his leisure. I think that his “advisors” (meaning anyone who holds his ear at a given moment) have persuaded Trump of the serious, negative political ramifications of pardoning the guilty during an active investigation. In fact, I‘ve learned that if Trump is shown to have issued pardons to avoid personal exposure to the Russia investigation, that can consitute obstruction of justice. One count per pardon. 

I wonder how inclined Trump still is to pardon anyone, now that even “brave man” Manafort has pleaded to a deal with Mueller to save his hide from greater punishment. Would granting a pardon now make a difference that Trump could gain benefit from?

That is, after all, Trump’s primary criteria for all things: How can it benefit him. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 15, 2018 2:37 AM MDT
      September 14, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

Very true which is why he going to visit the hurricane-devastated areas next week. Can you imagine the photo ops and the self-aggrandizement ops there will be? Whatever he says will be all about him and how wondrously brilliant he is and how grandly marvelous he has been and how stupendously glorious he will be. Sigh. So far as I've heard there have been 5 deaths. One situation is particularly tragic. A tree fell on a  home in which dad and mom and baby were trapped. Dad was extricated and rushed to a hospital but by the time the first responders got to mom and baby they were both dead. I wonder if they will be among the deaths that super don will acknowledge and play up and illuminate and make all about him as he plays the mourner and feigns emotion and plays the part of healer in chief? "We'll see what happens".  The $39 million he diverted from FEMA and the COAST GUARD budgets so he could ICE babies and parents and kennel/cage them is touching isn't it?  His priorities are perfection under glass aren't they?Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee DB! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 15, 2018 2:45 AM MDT
      September 15, 2018 2:44 AM MDT