Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why doesn't Bob Woodward release all the tapes of the conversations he had with people who are now denying they said what they said?

Why doesn't Bob Woodward release all the tapes of the conversations he had with people who are now denying they said what they said?

He has threatened to do so! What is he waiting for?

Posted - September 15, 2018

Responses

He doesn’t really have to. He would rather people read his book. 

If it came down to a legal challenge, then he’d break out the “game tapes” to defend his claims; but between you and me, I don’t expect that to occur, lest the challenger(s) risk further humiliation. 
      September 15, 2018 4:08 AM MDT

Of course in the meanwhile Woodward is being attacked maligned vilified crucified by "the usual suspects". I guess he is used to it and it goes in one ear and out the other. I just don't get how the people can deny what he says they said when THEY KNOW he taped the conversations. That boggles my mind! Of course in this current set of circumstances I'm mind-boggled and hornswoggled constantly! Sheesh!  Just thought of another question! Thank you for your reply DB. Boy I sure wish Mueller would RELEASE EVERYTHING HE HAS RIGHT NOW. Yes I'm impatient to get to the main show which is, as we all know, getting super don in the spotlight on the hotsweat and seeing him sweat!  I hope I live to see that day!
      September 15, 2018 4:15 AM MDT

Patience. Whatever has been uncovered will be brought to light as the situations warrant. I’m convinced Mueller knows what he’s doing. I’m also convinced Woodward’s experience in this arena has tempered his response to criticism. 

There is merit in making guilty parties squirm, particularly when the rats now appear to be turning on each other. Get the ducks on line. Savor the process. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 15, 2018 4:25 AM MDT
      September 15, 2018 4:22 AM MDT

Touche DB. Patience is NOT my strong suit and never has been. But the point you bring up is valid. Watch 'em squirm a little while longer. Let them tighten the nooses around their necks..dig their holes a little bit deeper...get more desperate and frantic as they await a fate they KNOW won't be a good one for them. Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I'd say "thanks I needed that" but that's a cliche and we surely don't want to indulge ourselves in them. Do you think super don and the henchmen are a cliche though? I'm gonna ask. Has there even been a novel or movie or TV show that covered anything like this? Does any gifted writer have enough imagination to have created it?
      September 15, 2018 4:28 AM MDT