Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If there were a pill you could take/procedure you could undergo that would INCREASE YOUR INTELLIGENCE DRAMATICALLY would you be interested?

If there were a pill you could take/procedure you could undergo that would INCREASE YOUR INTELLIGENCE DRAMATICALLY would you be interested?

What if a possible side effect were that everything you had ever believed to be true turned out to be false? Would you permanently give up whom you used to be to become a better truer version of yourself? Or would you be afraid and unwillingly to change a thing and pass on it because what you are and where you are right now suits you in your entire forever?

Posted - September 15, 2018

Responses

I much prefer the old fashioned way of reading educational books or through the Internet and researching that further Rosie ......Theer is no quick fix way of learning knowledge I'm afraid....
    Most all learn from hearing ,sight,smell,taste  or touch...   :)
      September 15, 2018 4:58 AM MDT

Long before your time D there was a movie titled "Charly" starring Cliff Robertson of whom you may or may not have heard. I believe he won an Academy Award for his performance. It is based on the scifi short story titled "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes. One of my very favorite scifi pieces. In it he has a lower than average IQ and people take advantage of him and embarrass him constantly but he is so good-natured he never gets angry at anyone. An all-around very nice guy and very sweet human being. A little slow though. He is chosen to be the subject of a scientific experiment. He subjects himself to it and for awhile nothing happens. Then he begins to seek knowledge. He reads books constantly and remembers everything he reads. He turns out to be BRILLIANT and very charismatic and quite impressive. Meets a woman, falls in love as she falls in love with him. The change in him is dramatic. I don't want to be a spoiler so I will leave it at that and not tell you how it ends. But he solves huge problems in an instant. His brilliance and accomplishments in a very short time are staggering. He learns languages on his own and voraciously consumes information. It is very intoxicating to watch how he turns from one kind of person to another. Like magic!  Thank you for your reply D and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      September 16, 2018 3:38 AM MDT

I will have to look that one up Rosie...there are not many new films I can sit and watch...thanks...xxxxxx D 
      September 16, 2018 3:44 AM MDT

• I'd rather have wisdom than intelligence. At least with wisdom, you know how to apply that which you know.
      September 15, 2018 5:01 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply DA. Wisdom is available to everyone. All it takes is learning from your mistakes and not repeating them as well as being truthful, kind and fair. It doesn't take an enormous intellect to do that.  For whatever reason though very few gain wisdom. Other things get in the way like greed or self-serving aggrandizement/ambition or emotional dysfunctions like hatred and racist views none of which are conducive to allow wisdom to sprout. Just my opinion.  Happy Sunday! :)
      September 16, 2018 3:42 AM MDT

In fairness, I’d look into it. I’d have to weigh all the considerations, talk to those who’d been through it. 

Like with corrective laser eye surgery, you find out the result isn’t necessarily permanent, but you get to take the glasses off for at least a few years. Is that worth a grand an eye? 
      September 15, 2018 8:02 AM MDT

Are you familiar with the movie "Charly" DB? It starred Cliff Robertson years ago and I think he wan an Oscar for Best Actor for that performance. It deals with a sweet, kind, low-IQ human being who is very good-natured and never gets angry at those who treat him shabbily and make fun of him.  Through a certain set of circumstances  he is chosen for an experiment and it has to do with increasing his intelligence. It is based on one of my favorite scifi short stories "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes. If you are familiar with it then you know what happens to him. I don't think I'm brave enough to find out. I don't know whom I'd become and I'm used to being me. The me that I am could certainly be improved upon on so many levels. But then what happens? Thank you for your reply DB! :)
      September 16, 2018 3:47 AM MDT