Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Please, friends, don't laugh about this topic. I post this because I am interested. I found out that my personality correspondences astonishingly with all the traits assigned to the Sun Sign "Scorpio", the fixed element is water. This is for fun only. Whether you believe in astrology or are interested, I can recommend a book I have in front of me, which I use for this topic.   The title is:  The Astrology Bible   by Judy Hall. 
Whoever is interested, the following page of my website tells you everything about my character - well - the stars know ! https://karinbartsch.weebly.com/about-us.html                                                          

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

This is difficult for me to answer as I was an astronomy and physics teacher. I am not laughing but I can give you a long debate, which I won't. I determined the actual force between the major stars of of the constellation Scorpio and me. They are so insignificant they cannot be measured.
    It is the same with the planets. The moon has a measurable, but meaningless force and the sun's is much smaller. That's all I can say. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 18, 2018 9:38 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

• I think people need all this illusionary stuff for their brains. I do - and it gives me peace and joy. Thank you, friend, seeing your response is what makes it worth being in answermug.
      September 16, 2018 2:50 PM MDT

An odd answer. It makes me think maybe you are on the edge of belief. You said illusionary. Fascinating. An excellent question and you are a welcome addition here. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 18, 2018 9:38 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 6:08 PM MDT

• As a Scorpio I tap often into the occult, but not deep enough to find out the truth, where there is no truth to find really. I am easily convinced when I like a topic or events, but nothing is written in stone. Liking my own personality as a Scorpio gives me rather a big minus, doesn't it? Thanks a lot for your compliment! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 18, 2018 9:38 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 6:22 PM MDT

No...the same physical forces are extant for all of the constellations. You can like yourself for being a Scorpio. ( The only constellation that looks like its name.) You can like yourself for other reasons also. Including your excellent questions. Keep on keepin' on.
      September 16, 2018 7:01 PM MDT

• ....besides, I have to love myself in order to love others... thanks for firing me on. 
      September 16, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

Astrology makes a great conversation starter.
    Look how this question has triggered such a series of strings of comments.
      September 17, 2018 10:52 PM MDT

Mr Einstienium,
    This sounds great.
    I'd just love if you dig out those old calculations and weave them into a blog post for us.
    The 10 to umpteen nth factor and all that - esp. since gravity is a weak force that works over great distances.
    In the meantime, what kinds of other forces could be imagined to have like influences?
    Solar winds? Centrifugal? Helical magnetic fields? Electromagnetic radiation? Gravitational dark holes? Plasma?
    And if people believe in God - what part does he/she play in the forces of astrology?
    Or Satan? Or angels?
    It would be so interesting to read.
      September 17, 2018 8:24 PM MDT

My goodness...you have opened a few new doors.
      September 17, 2018 9:47 PM MDT

Please, pretty please?  This post was edited by inky at September 19, 2018 4:22 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 10:28 PM MDT

The force equations are actually quite simple algebra. All you need is masses, distances and G, the universal gravitational constant and a calculator.
      September 18, 2018 7:28 AM MDT

Hmm.  Thanks! :) 
    I wish I had had science teachers like you back in high school.
    I'm going to have a crack at that with the masses of Earth, Alpha Centauri, and the distance between them.

I suspect it would be a lot harder to do that for a whole constellation such as "Cancer" or "Aquarius."
      September 18, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

Since the sky looks flat, all of the stars look to be the same distance. They aren't. You must use distances in meters as the distances you will get are in Km. 1 Km=1000meters. Forget about the units, just focus on the numbers. I could do it for you but that would be no fun. Enjoy.
      September 18, 2018 10:57 AM MDT

Funnily enough, I never did think the stars were all at the same distance.
    I remember as a child of six (when I had "run away" from home)
    I lay on the grass and looked up at the uncountable stars and thought "that must be what infinity is."
    I thought the stars and space went on forever,
    and that the faintest and smallest stars were the furthest away.

I'll get back to you when I've done the math.

This post was edited by inky at November 28, 2019 5:13 PM MST
      September 18, 2018 9:39 PM MDT

• In between I have to thank all who participated. You folks cannot imagine how glad I am about the comments, it is educational and fun to read.
      September 19, 2018 4:08 PM MDT

probably not
      September 16, 2018 2:38 PM MDT

I have no idea...I'm just a tiny fish in a great big sea...you tell me...? :)
      September 16, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

Het, my sweet Brit. You are a big fish in a small pond filled with of us who know stuff.
      September 16, 2018 6:10 PM MDT

I'm a fish that quite swish.
    Thats also a dish.
    Or a cute bit of tail.
    That doesn't resemble a whale .
    Im not some ole trout .
    Thats riddled with gout  
    I sometimes get frisky.
    When filled with good whisky.
    And I won't call your bluff.
    As I know my stuff .

:)D 
      September 16, 2018 7:13 PM MDT

Would I expect any less
    From my little temptress?
      September 17, 2018 9:49 PM MDT

:)D ~o
      September 18, 2018 3:11 AM MDT

• I'm a non-practitioner.
      September 16, 2018 4:48 PM MDT

• You are a point of light and send out rays.....and practice sending hope.....
      September 16, 2018 6:03 PM MDT

I honestly never studied Zodiac signs. I just read a description of my alleged personality as a Leo. I can assure you I hate being the center of attention and I would never intentionally put myself in the limelight. fame and stardom are things I want no part of. I‘m also not driven to be admired and loved. I’m an introvert. I prefer to be alone. I’m also the opposite of arrogant and lazy. I do possess a few of the traits, but overall it doesn’t accurately describe me. I have always been skeptical of this zodiac stuff. This makes me more skeptical. To me there’s no way people are who they are because of what time of the year they we born.  This post was edited by Rizz at September 18, 2018 9:39 PM MDT
      September 16, 2018 6:12 PM MDT

Astrology is bunk. Gemini and Taurus aren't supposed to get along. This Gemini has been with his Taurus for over thirty years. 
      September 16, 2018 6:13 PM MDT