Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Is your Zodiac Sign right about your personality as you or others see it?

Please, friends, don't laugh about this topic. I post this because I am interested. I found out that my personality correspondences astonishingly with all the traits assigned to the Sun Sign "Scorpio", the fixed element is water. This is for fun only. Whether you believe in astrology or are interested, I can recommend a book I have in front of me, which I use for this topic.   The title is:  The Astrology Bible   by Judy Hall. 
Whoever is interested, the following page of my website tells you everything about my character - well - the stars know ! https://karinbartsch.weebly.com/about-us.html                                                          

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

• I am married 61 years with an Aries, which is supposed to be almost impossible. But my traits as a Scorpio also include being very diplomatic and manipulative. And Yes, sometimes I wonder who the people were to write all the traits down.
      September 16, 2018 6:32 PM MDT

I was interested in astrology for a short period of time and was introduced to someone who was a great believer in it and apparently made living doing charts.

I found him quite interesting until he confided in me that he had been born on the planet Venus.

I also am a Scorpio---and I can fly like the eagle and / or sting like my namesake.

When I was a teenager, the YMCA had a psychology course that I signed up for.  One of the nights covered astrology. About 15 of us wrote down on a piece of paper what our signs were, and the guys teaching said they would draw up a list of our traits and give them back toward the end of class.

Each of us was handed a list of about 30 qualities with about 12 of them circled (everybody had different traits circled on different parts of the papers).  The accuracy of the traits was discussed---and everyone thought they were "spot on." 

Turned out the 30 qualities were in different order, so a casual look at another paper would show the circles were at different positions on the other persons' pages.

Turned out all they had done was circle the same 12 traits for everybody.

September 16, 2018 10:03 PM MDT

• Thanks, Tom, interesting read - a little laughing included...
      September 17, 2018 6:48 PM MDT

Brilliant!
    That's the nub of it.
    We humans are far more alike than we realise.
    We don't see the similarities because we're always focusing on the differences and conflicts.
    So for any given list of common traits, the descriptions will naturally be accurate or close enough for identification.

Like water divining -
    the diviner reliably strikes water,
    because all the earth has a water table -
    and with geology, we can know ahead of time exactly how deep it is in every area.

This post was edited by inky at November 29, 2019 9:52 AM MST
      September 18, 2018 9:31 PM MDT

• yes. i am aquarius sun, gemini moon, taurus rising. i love astrology and read my horoscope everyday. my s/o is a cap which is supposed to be a big no-no but i think we actually compliment each other very well. he is also right on the cusp of cap and aquarius so maybe he is just more sensitive to my aquarius ways. 
      September 17, 2018 6:55 PM MDT

I am a Libra and yes from the traits I have read....it fits. My husband is an Aries which is as it should be according the zodiac. This post was edited by my2cents at September 18, 2018 5:02 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 8:02 PM MDT

Sorry Bub, but Astrology is a quack science. If that.
      September 17, 2018 9:49 PM MDT

I guess it depends on who is interpreting your astrological information.  Someone did my chart when I was very young and the things he said at the time seemed pretty accurate and in those days people would say things like OK what else can we expect from a Scorpio. I recall reading things that were to some extent accurate but now I have pretty much forgotten what they said. 
      September 18, 2018 5:51 AM MDT

*WHOMEVER is interested. And sorry, but I think astrology/zodiac is pure BS, merely a gimmick to sell books, magazines, and newspapers.
      September 18, 2018 9:37 PM MDT

Zodiak Zodiac
      November 28, 2019 5:20 PM MST

She's German. It's spelled with a k in that language.
      November 28, 2019 6:43 PM MST

• I wonder what mistakes  English speaking people living in Germany would make in spelling and in grammar. But thanks for the correction, I appreciate it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 29, 2019 12:38 PM MST
      November 29, 2019 9:58 AM MST

Ich kann ein bißchen Deutsch. Ich hab' es gelernt in die Schule.
      November 29, 2019 3:41 PM MST

• I would give it a 2 in German notes. You certainly learned it good or rather recall it good. Es muss heissen: Ich hab' es gelernt in der Schule. You can see how difficult German grammar really is. I had 3 years of Latin, but German beats it when it comes to difficulties, I think. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 29, 2019 4:17 PM MST
      November 29, 2019 4:15 PM MST

Try Greek. That beats everything, with a different alphabet to boot.
      November 29, 2019 4:17 PM MST

• Oh, NO. I had Russian for one year when we lived in the Russian occupied zone in Germany after the war. I still remember some words, but the different letters turn me off. When I worked as the administrator office as the assistant in the biggest women hospital in Bremen for 10 years, I was asked if I would be willing to learn the Turkish language, because nobody in the hospital could speak it. I said Yes. But shortly after that we decided to live in the USA. So - it never came to it. Because of my Latin, I can read and understand some parts of Spanish and even speak a little. I wish I would be able to speak more languages. I can talk myself through the Netherlands, and I might be able to travel through France with the little knowledge I have because of Germany being the neighbor also. I love languages. But I had only a "5" in Algebra. But that sounds just normal, doesn't it??
      November 29, 2019 4:30 PM MST

Me:

Solar Sign: Leo
    Lunar Sign: Aries
    Ascendant Sign: Libra

I think I'm mostly what my astrology says I am.

Anyway,  it seems like astrologers who only talk about the positive parts of people's astrological signs are hit or miss with their descriptions of people's personalities but the ones who talk about the more negative parts and the quirks of people's astrological signs are just about dead-on about the personalities of nearly everybody I know including myself. 
      November 29, 2019 11:47 PM MST