Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » What music artist/group do you like for one especially foremost reason?

What music artist/group do you like for one especially foremost reason?

I love Bananarama!

Besides enjoying their music/voices, I really like them because they always seem to have a sense of "fun" and they seem not to take themselves overly seriously. Excellent!
:)

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

Yes.
    As you know, I like her, too.
      September 17, 2018 8:47 AM MDT

Every day a song can hit you and have a different reason or why.  It is the amazing power of music.  It has a power of you that you aren't even aware of.  I would dread being deaf.  I know I would compensate with other senses but I think you hear things differently, even with the sounds of the earth.  The music people make is equally as satisfying when done correctly.
    I already have had about 30 songs and artists go through my head to post.  O.K. I'll just start.  There is no order of relevance.
    Right now, it is a beautiful day, I'll start with what goes according to my mood.
    Steve Winwood - Arc of a Diver.  He is phenomenal in all his talents and creating very pleasant music to listen to. I arc my back and stretch listening to this.
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing.  The only person who did this song better than Jimi Hendrix.  He is a master of the guitar.  This is one that you need to sit down and truly listen to for 15 minutes. 
    Dire Staits - Alchemy: Dire Staits Live.  A band that many let go by the wayside and should not.  They are to die for.
    Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time.  If there is ever a women who has talent and made it be known at all costs, it is her.  She is fan-freakingtastic.  Not only is she exceptional at guitar, have you read her history and the struggles she went through to get where she is?  I bow to her catching her dream and knowing she had talent to do it.
    Jimmy Buffet - For obvious reasons.  He and I know the life we both like to live.  Besides, who couldn't just sit back and enjoy life without worrying so much.

That's it for today's lineup.  Probably without Stevie Ray Vaughan who popped into my head just because I think people might forget about him in the middle of that, sounds like a pretty good music gig for an 8 hour day! 
    Love ya Welby and see you soon. :) :)
    Please don't forget.  Think good thoughts because thoughts become things.  Make them good ones.  Hugs!!!

This post was edited by Merlin at September 17, 2018 7:04 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 1:11 PM MDT

Somehow I goofed and posted my reply to you as a separate answer. Make sure you go look for it!
      September 17, 2018 2:11 PM MDT

Hi and I will right now. :) :)  Sorry I got carried away with my answer.  I couldn't seem to help myself that morning.  I love your music questions.  They make me think of things to listen to through out the day and this, in turn,  helps me to surround myself with things that make me happy. Big smiles!
      September 18, 2018 12:04 PM MDT

I'm glad you like my questions I ask about music.
      September 18, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

BTO because they are World famous Canadian rockers that never forgot their roots . Cheers!
      September 17, 2018 2:03 PM MDT

I LOVE them!!
      September 17, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

Bet I loved them first - I was at one of their very first concerts after their split with the Guess Who in the 70s . Back then I never dreamed that one day I would  live close enough to Randy Bachman that I could hit his house with my potato cannon if he ever goes country.  Cheers!
      September 17, 2018 2:26 PM MDT

How fun!
      September 17, 2018 6:21 PM MDT

Hi, Merlin! Thanks for all the details! I find it all interesting!

I've heard some music from all of your choices. I like all of them. I tend to like most music of many different kinds it seems. I even like two songs by Taylor Swift --  someone whose music I do not like at all the rest of the time.

Your inspiring words made me think of a huge favorite of mine -- Howard Jones! And his "Things Can Only Get Better!" I saw him 'live' in concert. I enjoyed him immensely.

" . . . and do you feel scared? I do. But I won't stop and falter. And if we throw it all away, things can only get better."

Take care!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 18, 2018 12:07 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

Thank you Welby.  I really like him too and this song.  
    A nice little guitar and horn solo in the middle. :) :)
    Even though my answer didn't project this, I have such a wide variety of music I like, it is hard to land one.  I like the B52s and The Messiah. Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin.  How about Bach and Elton John.  Robin Trower and B.B. King. Neil Diamond and John Denver.  Kansas and Journey.  Steely Dan and Santana...  Rush and AC/DC.  Brooks and Dunn and Boston.  See?  Here I go again.  STOP!* I need to put a boundary on myself when it comes to answering musical questions.  I just start overflowing with artists and groups.  Some don't even have anything in common... except one thing.  They all create sounds my ears love to hear.  Music is amazing.
    You know of Seal, right?  And Sade.  She has a voice that reminds me of soft, flowing, melted chocolate.  She might not be what you are looking for but she is really nice to just lay back and listen to.  Her voice just melts things away for me. 
    :) :)
      September 18, 2018 12:24 PM MDT

I'm with you 100% on everything you just said!! I'm all over the map with my musical tastes, too!

And I ADORE Sade!! Her voice is one in a million!

September 19, 2018 7:46 PM MDT

I could go on for ages listing my favorite bands and artists.

September 19, 2018 7:47 PM MDT

• taylor swift. only her pop albums though. i like them because they are upbeat and fun to sing to and also, me being a 22 year old girl, they are  usually relatable 
      September 17, 2018 2:21 PM MDT

In another answer I just admitted to not liking Swift at all, so I can't go back on it, ha!
    Of those I've heard, I do like two of her songs. But, for some reason, I've yet to like the rest of her music that I've heard. She's definitely got a lot of talent, though!
    I'm glad you answered, proud to be a furry -- thanks!

EDIT: Sorry I got your name wrong the first time I posted this reply to you; I corrected it.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 19, 2018 7:47 PM MDT
      September 17, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

My niece adores Taylor Swift. She saw her in concert this year. She had to call her Uncle “J” and tell me all about it. She had the time of her life. 
      September 19, 2018 7:55 PM MDT

That's excellent, Rizz!
    That's so cool for your niece to like someone that much and then get to see her/him in concert!

(I remember my dad taking me to see my #1-artists-whom-I-adored - - The Pointer Sisters in concert when I was about 15. That was my relative-to-your-niece's time of my life! I still adore The Pointer Sisters and I saw them again in concert quite a while later.)
      September 19, 2018 8:01 PM MDT

She’s only nine years old. She’s lucky to see her favorite arrist so young. I didn’t go to any concerts until 1993. In 1997 I saw No Doubt with Weezer opening. In 1998 I saw Pearl Jam, Metallica, and Aerosmith within 3 months of each other. My best year for concerts. This post was edited by Rizz at October 13, 2018 10:10 AM MDT
      September 19, 2018 8:03 PM MDT

That is great!
      September 19, 2018 8:18 PM MDT

Freddie Mercury

September 18, 2018 12:33 PM MDT

BEYOND GREAT voice!!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 19, 2018 7:47 PM MDT
      September 18, 2018 6:53 PM MDT

pop hits
      September 19, 2018 11:53 AM MDT

I really like Kelly Clarkson's voice. Even if I don't like one of her songs, I always still admire and enjoy her voice.
      September 19, 2018 7:39 PM MDT

Hello there WelbyQuentin

While there are many bands I like and I enjoy many different styles of music, there is one band that stands out for me for a few reasons.
    First, their musicianship and technical abilities with their instruments is for me, as a musician, inspiring. Their influence in undeniable.
    Second, they have stayed true to their musical desires and have refused to be told what, and how to write their music to the point of risking it all with an obvious snub to the record companies that said, "do it our way or we will drop you". Instead of giving the record company what they asked for, more radio friendly commercialized "hits", they turned over a 20+ minute progressive rock operatic about a dystopic future where individuality has been taken by the rulers. In an ironic act of karma, this album ended up selling millions of copies, and it was their key to opening doors to which the record companies could no longer shut.
    Third, the great care they take with their composition and the thought they put into their lyrics and music. Lyrics that read more like poetry and music that really takes you for a ride, but reflects what the song is trying to get across. they play very complicated arrangements, most of the time jumping in and out of odd meters but somehow manage to make it easy for the listener to find their way through these changes in time and dynamics.
    Fourth. Their live performances. Even with their complicated arrangements all their music is meant to be played live, and they can pull it off. As an example, the bass player will be playing just a rippin' bass line while singing And playing keyboards with his feet, the guitarist does the same thing, and the drummer....well, he is one of the most influential drummers drummers of the last 50 years. 
    Last on this list is their longevity. They have played together and have toured for over 40 years. They have remained healthy and free of the pitfalls that often swallow this kind of fame. They have stuck together through personal tragedy, knowing that they could not be "one" without the three of them. They have never been too full of themselves that they could not try new things and play with different styles. 
    Oh...haha...I haven't mentioned the name of the band...care to guess??
      September 23, 2018 1:50 PM MDT

Hi designer! I'm sorry - - for some reason (JustAsking has tried to help but I'm inept most of the time with a computer/etc.), I often do not get alerts when people have answered one of my questions. I get alerts for all others but not my own.

Your answer is certainly intriguing! Nope -- I don't have a guess to who the band is. Radiohead came to my mind but there are more than three in that band.
    And Alice Cooper came to mind but there are four with them, I believe.
    I sort of hope I will at least recognize the band if you see this and share. If you don't want to tell, that's OK, too.
      September 29, 2018 10:53 AM MDT