Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you believe in or give any credence to mysteries like UFO’s, Bigfoot, monsters and the like?

Do you believe in or give any credence to mysteries like UFO’s, Bigfoot, monsters and the like?

Would you explain your thinking on it? 

Posted - September 17, 2018

Responses

Thare must be millions of planets out there in space capable of sustaining life ....only distance prevents us from meeting...
    If there are only 118 +1 different unique Elements ....Nature would only have so many way to arrange them to create so many different life forms...

Out there in the great devide there must be so many replicas of the human race and every other forms of life ,animal or vegetable that evolutions created.....

Maybe that's why no one ever found them when the've been to visit us.....How do you find an alien that looks and acts like the person standing next to you when you go out shopping....:( 

Every country has enough trouble finding illegal immigrants .....What chance would we have of finding those so in advanced then us....? 
      September 17, 2018 7:53 PM MDT

I can name quite a few movies and TV shows that played on this very situation.  “Superman”, ”I am Number Four”, “My Favorite Martian”, “Mork and Mindy”

If I were one of the aliens, I wouldn’t want to be exposed either.

Some food for thought on elements: we only know about elements present here on earth, what are the chances that other elements exist elsewhere that we don’t have here... This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 19, 2018 1:35 AM MDT
      September 18, 2018 5:40 PM MDT

I agree about the element thing.....but we are constantly battered with dust from space and meteorites large and small....but your right....who knows what out there and finding just one more could add trillions of possibilities to other different life forms...
      September 19, 2018 1:39 AM MDT

My position -
      September 17, 2018 8:02 PM MDT

Nope.

I'm a skeptic.

Anyone can make a mistake or dream up a lie. Anyone can repeat it for fun, mischief or profit.
    A group of any size, formal or scattered, can do the same.

Just because a lot of people assert that something is so, doesn't mean it is.

Too many people have gone to massive expenses and efforts to try to find or prove the existences of these various legends with no success.

There are simple and logical explanations for all these tales which make far more sense than the tales themselves.
      September 17, 2018 8:06 PM MDT

I tend to agree with you. Intelligent explanations tend to kill off these kinds of claims. 
    I won’t rule out extraterrestrial life somewhere, though I find it extremely difficult to accept alien beings overcoming the vast distances to visit us here. 
      September 17, 2018 8:27 PM MDT

Exactly. Extraterrestrial life would have to invent faster than light travel,
    and as things are at present our scientists are skeptical that this is even theoretically possible.
    If it ever is achieved, and controllable, it would mean being able to travel backward and forward in time as well as space,
    which fuels yet more questions about probabilities and evidence.
      September 17, 2018 10:49 PM MDT

I don’t believe any exist on earth. There’s no evidence to prove they exist. Period. If any of these mythical creatures existed proof and evidence of their existence would exist. Whether any creature exists in another galaxy way out there beyond our reach is at least a small possibility.  
      September 17, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

I believe there are UFO's because of the reports from pilots and astronauts who report they have

seen them. 

If there is such a thing a big foot...well I'd like to know where they hide the bodies...of the ones that

have died previously.  so far none have been found. Bigfoot is possible but not probable, in my

opinion. 
      September 17, 2018 9:28 PM MDT

No, I don't although I wouldn't rule out ETs.
      September 18, 2018 5:11 AM MDT

Not a matter of credence.  I just have no interest in that kind of thing. 
      September 18, 2018 5:44 AM MDT

I don't believe or disbelieve. I know that over the centuries, commonly held truths have been proved false and things believed to be impossible have come to pass. I am just fine with not knowing.
      September 18, 2018 5:52 AM MDT

no
      September 18, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

If you don't know what a "Flying Object" is ... then it is a UFO.

Do I believe extraterrestrials flying around so we can see them?  No.
    Why?  Anyone with technology capable of crossing intergalactic distances would be able to observe us from long range.
    Also, just based on our history, if they DID want close-up observation, it would be to prepare for an invasion - and we would have fallen decades ago.

I do not believe in "Bigfoot" - as the vast majority of "evidence" has been proven fake.
    However, I do believe there are species we have not discovered yet.  Especially in the deep ocean.
      September 18, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

I’m glad you pointed that out, most people will just associate it with aliens.

While I don’t honestly expect there are, if aliens had been observing us for any length of time, they’d have to consider waiting for us to annihilate ourselves, to save themselves the trouble of an invasion. 
      September 18, 2018 5:31 PM MDT

• I believe in UFOs because I've seen some unidentified stuff in the night skies.  
      September 18, 2018 6:09 PM MDT

I'm not small minded or arrogant enough to not allow for the possibility of living organisms on other planets.  

Bigfoot and the like are just fun to me.  I would never expect there to actually be one.  
      September 18, 2018 7:22 PM MDT