Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You wonder WHY women who are sexually abused don't come forward? Kav/super don adorers are attacking her. WHY?

You wonder WHY women who are sexually abused don't come forward? Kav/super don adorers are attacking her. WHY?

Apparently it's happening on that super brainiac intellectual MENSA members hangout Twitter. Yep. That's the rumor . Are you one of them?

Posted - September 18, 2018

Responses

You keep saying people are attacking Dr Ford. But no one of any importance is....No one.  So some random idiot(s) on Twitter is saying something stupid.  Random people attack President Trump all day. It does not matter. 

When Hannity or Huckabee (Dad or Daughter) or any other person of importance attacks her, let me know. 

Everyone that counts has said let her tell your story and then let Kavanaugh tell his.  It is a classic he said/she said. Actually it is a She said/He said/He said.   It cannot be proven or disproven at this point, which is why the FBI refused to investigate.  Ford cannot even pin point the YEAR it happened and supposed told nobody until 2012. 

Unless she has some real proof somewhere....he will be confirmed. 
      September 18, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

You make a good point, it's almost impossible to prove rape, even if one comes forward at the time. Unless the rape is particularly brutal and there is extensive injury, it's next to impossible to prove it was non-consensual. The reporting rate is relatively low and the conviction rate way, way lower, with victims often being vilified and having their moral character picked apart. 
    It can be hard to pin down dates and even years..that's pretty normal 
      September 18, 2018 1:08 PM MDT

I disagree on hard to pin down dates and years.  If something happens, I would think it would be remembered. I have never been in that type of situtation but I do remember dates of important events in my life both good and bad. 

Sounds like she is not responding to Congress' invitation to testify if she does not show....it is over. They will proceed with the vote. 
      September 18, 2018 1:15 PM MDT

I can tell you factually that many people have trouble remembering dates and years.. I don't know the story but we need to remember that many people deliberately have to shut it out in order to cope.. that's basic human behaviour denial and defence in order to protect us. 

For instance whereas you remember all the important dates.. I remember none.. none.. I struggle to remember the year.. I have resorted with latter events to remembering it was the same year as my car reg.. see?
      September 18, 2018 1:41 PM MDT

If she cannot give any better information than what had been released...how are we to believe other information is not mistaken aside from the date and year. And number of people at the party/in the room. (Tht number is in disagreement from the notes by her therapist) perhaps she does not even have the correct people in the room with her? She was drinking at the party as well. 

From what is generally known of rapists they don't stop at one victim. And there are no other accusers for over 36 yrs....I believe if Kavanaugh was that type of a person he could never have passed 6 FBI investigations without it coming out. 

How can he be expected to defend himself if she makes no definate date to where he could prove he was elsewhere?
      September 18, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

I don't remember dates either.  Not the dates and not the years sometimes.  My best friend can remember everything.  She'll say, "Do you remember when you came to visit in 1992?"  I'll think, "I remember the visit, but not the year."  

When I go to a new doctor and they ask for medical history, I can barely recall when something happened.
      September 19, 2018 6:18 AM MDT

I know, it's frustrating when people ask things like that.. I am awful - I never remember years and even worse, in my mind I tend to think it was more recent than it was. I believe I have Dyscalculia, like Dyslexia but with numbers, so any date that uses numbers is almost a blind spot to me.. I can get, 'we have an appointment on Wednesday' but if they say, 'on the 19th I won't tie up that it's Wednesday as numbers are such a vague concept for me.  I have learned to remember I started my job 4 years ago but cannot for the life of me remember the year.. I am guessing same year as my car reg :P
      September 19, 2018 7:40 AM MDT

I can sympathize.
      September 19, 2018 8:37 AM MDT

Yes, exactly.  Oh I think I could pin down dates if I worked on it.  You don't exactly forget such things. 
      September 19, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

But I promise you... it's entirely to forget dates and even years.. I promise this.. and you can work out why I say that.. As, I think, spunkysenior said, you remember what happened.. just not the date.. I remember every detail but the dates.. no... not even the month... 
      September 19, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

I don't know the story but as we know there are a million and one reasons why women, and men! don't report rape.. if you talk to people you will find many who have been raped, abused, etc.  but almost none have reported it..

But as you suggest, one of the biggest reasons is that the reporting party will find themselves vilified and accused of being a tramp ... and even then the abuser will get away with it This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at September 19, 2018 9:41 AM MDT
      September 18, 2018 1:19 PM MDT

Exactly. Dr. Ford and her family received death threats. They moved out of their home and went into hiding because the wackadoodle super don worshippers decided to do something about it. Isn't that swell as he**?  That's what happens in America when a wackadoodle prez and his wackadoodle worshippers are in charge. SIGH. Thank you for your repl  Addb! :)
      September 19, 2018 3:25 AM MDT

Death threats from whom, Rosie?
      September 19, 2018 6:26 AM MDT

I don't know the story, but I do know that in cases I have heard about that has happened and it was generally speaking just ordinary people who were the alleged victim and/or perpetrator 
      September 19, 2018 7:41 AM MDT

OK, but Rosie referred specifically to Dr. Ford. From whom did she receive death threats? That's a very serious assertion that should not be made by her, you, or anyone without specific knowledge of actual threats. It's not something that should be asserted casually just because it sounds plausible or because it makes someone sound evil in order to suit a political agenda.
      September 19, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

Being the pedant I am, and knowing you are a bit that way inclined too... I would say that if one is only repeating and raising a point for discussion, an accusation based on a news source, that someone has received death threats then one isn't using that for their own political agenda. I've not followed the story as I say but it's out there.. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45568450
      September 19, 2018 7:52 AM MDT

Thanks for providing the link. It's what Rosie should have done.
      September 19, 2018 8:29 AM MDT

Apparently, Kavanaugh has received death threats as well, but Rosie neglected to mention that. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at September 20, 2018 6:04 PM MDT
      September 20, 2018 5:58 PM MDT

September 18, 2018 1:23 PM MDT

But there would have been a record of the report. Ford has nothing to back her up. 
      September 18, 2018 8:56 PM MDT

I was molested when I was 10 years old m2c and I never said a word to anyone about it until yesterday on  Answermug when a member said folks should put things like that behind them and move on and they should not take so long to report it. I'm 80 and I remember it vividly and I have not moved on. You say "there would have been a record of the report". Have you ever been sexually abused/molested? If so whom did you tell? Did you file a report? Dr. Ford and her family have had to move out of their home and go into hiding because they are receiving death threats. The wackadoodles out there who support your wackadoodle prez are ready willing and able to make her pay for it. There are millions of women who have been sexually abused/raped who have remained silent. Are you saying nothing happened to them because they didn't report it? Seriously? Well you are dead wrong. Dead wrong. Dead wrong.
      September 19, 2018 3:30 AM MDT

Let me say first....I am sorry that happened to you, no one should be abused. 

My comment was to Zack....his post is of a lady who tweeted she TOLD the police. That means there would have been a report of that woman's abuse because she did report it. 

I understand abuse is not something just get over. But if one makes an accusation a person should be expected to at leasr have some details if they want to bring someone to justice. Mrs Ford does not even know the year....she was at a party so she was drinking how does we know she has accused the correct boys. There is zero history of this type of behavior by Kavanaugh over 36 yrs.....these type of disgusting abusers don't have one victim, they continue to abuse. Just look at Bill Cosby or Wienstien or any of the other abusers outted in the recent #MeToo movement. 

No one should be threatening anyone. Saddly it happens....crazies are everywhere on both sides. Sarah Sanders is the first press secratary in history to need Secret Service protection. Crazies are on both sides....no one approves of it. And it is encouraged by some policians and media....CNN said Sanders deserved a life sentence....Maxine Waters activley tells regular people to attack members of the Trump Administration if they are seen in public. This is not how we want our society to behave...it encourages the crazies. There was a crazy story about a pizza restaurant being a front for child prostitution....someone shot it up to save the children. Again crazies on both sides.  No one should be threatening anyone. 
      September 19, 2018 4:56 AM MDT

She said they did nothing which could mean there was no report filed by the police.
      September 19, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

The police have to file a report or at least accept and file a written statement from a citizen if they wish to make one.  
      September 19, 2018 6:21 AM MDT