Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You wonder WHY women who are sexually abused don't come forward? Kav/super don adorers are attacking her. WHY?

You wonder WHY women who are sexually abused don't come forward? Kav/super don adorers are attacking her. WHY?

Apparently it's happening on that super brainiac intellectual MENSA members hangout Twitter. Yep. That's the rumor . Are you one of them?

Posted - September 18, 2018

Responses

And, I suppose the police have never, ever swept something under the rug.  If there is or was a report, then all she needs to do is produce it.
      September 19, 2018 7:18 AM MDT

If the lady who tweeted wants to produce her report/statement....by all means she may. 

Mrs Ford has no report to produce. She has not claimed to have reported it at all. Until July of 2018. Fienstien played politics with this....she should have brought this to light in July when she received a copy of the letter. She did nothing. It could have been done without revealing the accusers name. She did not even mention it during private meetings with Kavanaugh. It is simply being used as a delay tactic. Shame on them for using this woman like this...I believe something did happen. I think she has likely misidentified her abuser.  Rapists don't go 36yrs without other victims. 
      September 19, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

She never claimed he raped her.  He tried to take off her clothes, but failed and she got away.  Who said she claimed she was raped?
      September 19, 2018 8:39 AM MDT

Maybe I confused things? I didn't know the story so was commenting generally? 
      September 19, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

Okay, attempted rapists.

An person who attempted to rape someone....that is what Mrs Ford is describing an attempted rape, would not go for 36 yrs without another victim of an attack. To me an attempted rapist is a rapist...but that is just semantics.   If they have that physiology, it does not just go away at least without therapy and there would be a record of such consoling.
    And the FBI would have found that record in the multiple background checks Kavanaugh has had. 

So you are fine with Diane Feinstein using this woman as political pawn by holding the information until the last days before the vote as a delay tactic? This post was edited by my2cents at September 20, 2018 3:14 PM MDT
      September 19, 2018 9:48 AM MDT

Haha hardly an opportune time for impartiality.  We don't want none them attempted rapists in Washington!
      September 19, 2018 10:16 AM MDT

Does wanting someone to take off their clothes automatically mean they want to have sexual intercourse?  They were both pretty young and it was quite some time back.  If every guy who wanted to take off a girl's clothes was a potential rapist, there would be few men out of jail  

No, I'm not find with Feinstein's holding the information hostage any more than I was fine with the GOP holding up Garland's nomination for close to a year because they didn't want another Obama appointee.  Were you?
      September 19, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

Mrs Ford describes an attempted rape. If someone I am  don't know (or am not dating)  locks me in a bedroom, shoves me on the bed, attempts to remove my clothing (without my permission) and finally tries to muffle my screams to stop, that is an attempted rape. I don't know what else you would call it. Certainly more than a pass. 
    Glad you agree Feinstien is abusing this woman. This post was edited by my2cents at September 20, 2018 3:15 PM MDT
      September 19, 2018 6:33 PM MDT

*Diane Feinstein
      September 20, 2018 8:57 AM MDT

"Rapists don't go 36yrs without other victims."  So, maybe he isn't actually a rapist.  I'm no fan of this judge, but I wouldn't want to see him railroaded if she is not credible and until we hear something substantial, under oath, from the two of them, I'd like to withhold my judgment.
      September 19, 2018 6:14 PM MDT

Thank you for that spot-on reply Zack and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 19, 2018 3:26 AM MDT

We don't "come forward" because we don't care to have our shame and victimhood publicized and made fodder for wagging tongues.  I think it is private and personal so no one else's business.  And certainly nothing I care to "come forward" about.  I discuss it on here hoping that people will understand what it is like and what it feels like. Nor do I care to point my finger at and accuse pathetic jerks I never chose to be associated with at all.  First time for me I did not feel this way and I was all full of righteous anger and so ready to prosecute.  Which only made a public spectacle of my victimhood which was something I never intended at all.  So no more. You want to hear about it you ask me - you will never read about me in the papers or on the other news media. Because however I have been victimized I am my own person and I choose to enjoy my life and make something of it not only for myself but for others. 
      September 19, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

Always interested to read your thoughts....you share so generously here.. I for one appreciate that. I definitely see your point and I have been in the same situation and chose not to report it.. I've talked to scores and scores of others who chose not to report. It's one of these crimes that's almost impossible to prove after the event. I do wonder though... by not reporting are we allowing that to continue? It's just a thought - me thinking aloud... 
      September 19, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

Oh thank you - that means a lot coming from you. Well the first time I did prosecute - in 1978.  I was a chambermaid in a motel and a man staying there btw with a woman surprised me in a utility closet and held me down. I heard him moving around in their room next door after. What the hearing came down to was I was unable to recognize his face as he held a bed cover over it.  Though I knew very well it was him but had not seen his face.  He got off and I only made a spectacle of myself. 

Well are we allowing them to continue if we don't blow their brains out?  Something I could never do. I am not "allowing" anything.  If they chose not to respect me it is not a matter of "allowing" anything but they were just the way they were. Would be good I think if we were more equipped to process it but the whole thing is we each have to in our own ways.  God I never chose nor do I now to be a victim because I want to own my life. 

September 19, 2018 9:39 AM MDT

It is an interesting subject isn't it.. very much to think about.. I think I meant allow as in... if so many women are abused and raped and so few, relatively speaking report, and fewer still get convicted, (that part's out of our control as you demonstrate) then isn't this part of allowing... someway, somehow the message should be clear that it's not ok to rape or abuse anyone ever... but that's not the message that's getting through... or not to everyone... So it was more a thoughtful thing.. I wonder if the fact most are unreported really hides the magnitude of the problem.. 
    The problem is, of course, that we aren't equipped or strong enough... 
    I don't advocate blowing anyone's brains out either 
      September 19, 2018 9:50 AM MDT

Doubt very much that many men are "taught" to rape.  A lot of it is I think men just use what they have at their disposal to get what they want.   Which of course we do as well.  Yes some men are turned on by violence and by victimizing us but I would say not many.  All these same things we were talking and protesting about 30, 40 years ago and in the early 80s we used to publish publicly and post a list of men who had raped us.  For most of us it is a part of life and we need to learn to deal with it.  Not much is going to change but hopefully more men will respect us enough and come to know us well enough that they will think twice. As I think most already do.  I think we ARE strong enough to handle being victimized if we are willing to do the work necessary to process what happened to us. 
      September 19, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

Indeed I don't believe that generally men are taught to rape.. tho some subsets and some cultures have a very poor attitude towards women.. and that really doesn't help.. I was thinking... that they need to be taught not to rape.. taught respect, taught that no really does mean no.. and I am not sure that always happens..and I wonder if not reporting, not speaking up, not talking about it is part of why it still happens so often 
      September 19, 2018 3:29 PM MDT

I am saying that many of us have reported it over the years as I did in 1977. But how many of us are willing to make ourselves sacrificial lambs?  Putting lives on hold to talk about it to strangers and getting a test kit and hiring a lawyer and going through the whole process which is the last thing most of us want to do.  Which all seem to be like a huge kind of joke.  A judge or jury is to decide whether or not we were raped?  You have to be kidding!

And I had a sympathetic policeman and at the hearing was not quizzed about my "lifestyle".  But you have to play a part - play -act in such a situation and give the public what they want - you have to play a poor naïve waif unable to take care of yourself for ir to work.  When I told them if they let me have sex with him again I could tell them exactly if it was him that caused a sensation.  Because oh the way people want to think is it has to be sacred for you or you have no business doing it.  At least back then.

After that experience I chose not to report anything.  The first time I tried to fight him off and when I could not I was pleading oh please don't kill me, please don't kill me.  I was fearing for my life.  Second time I did not plead for my life but let them do what they wanted and they took their time and I had an orgasm in front of my boyfriend.  Oh should mention that both first and second times led to my boyfriends leaving me.  So physiology, or biology or whatever, overtook will.  Which was very traumatic to realize my body was controlling me. And if my boyfriend could not understand that then how would I expect any jury would?  Third and fourth times were date rapes and I just let them go ahead so I could get out of there.  Most recent time we were guests of one of my husband's best clients and while he was in the shower out host came in and pinned me down and quickly did his thing. Very unexpected and almost laughable.  How could I even tell my husband about that?  Well did not have to because later he bragged about it to my husband.  And I started to read him the riot act later in the day but I found being nice and compassionate worked much better. 

Really most of us, and this has come up many times, just want to deal with it and get on with our lives.  Especially those of us who know that most men are not like that.  What I find much more disturbing is the men who think nothing of killing us in the process.  It disturbs me too to see it used as some kind of political leverage or by women who seem just out to get their 15 minutes of fame years later.  Which all makes it seem they do not take it very seriously.  

I can write about these things because I have processed what happened and am used to writing about them.  Which I could not if  people knew me or recognized me. 
      September 20, 2018 9:27 AM MDT

Well I think one of the many reasons is because they know that during the police investigation their dignity will be raped. - police will ask a lot of questions that suggest  that the victim had it coming to them or are lying. Cheers! 
      September 19, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

Ford refuses to testify and the so-called witness now says that he's not sure the incident happened at all. Does this whole thing even pass the smell test?
      September 20, 2018 9:00 AM MDT