Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's your greatest source of, (non-naughty) pleasure and your greatest source of frustration or disappointment currently?

What's your greatest source of, (non-naughty) pleasure and your greatest source of frustration or disappointment currently?

For me pleasure is home, garden and my pets.. frustration is the continuing nastiness and frustrations at work. 

Posted - September 18, 2018

Responses

If this sounds quick from me, don't worry.  I like the question.  I'm trying to make my answers shorter. :)

Prioritizing and getting things done in a timely fashion brings me pleasure.
    Not getting things done is a timely fashion brings me serious frustration.

On that note, I'm off to take the truck in for an oil-change.  Have a great day! :) :)
      September 18, 2018 12:37 PM MDT

You made me smile... I am interested in this idea of making answers shorter... that's so not me but it would give more time... Is that the idea? 
      September 18, 2018 1:00 PM MDT

You made me smile, too.... Yes that is one of the benefits.  I'm kind of afraid of that notion at the same time.  If I had more time, I would fill it with more activities which would make my lists longer.  In turn, cause more stress and still be in a prioritizing, time-management mess!
    It's really not my style either nor ever has been.  I just get concerned sometimes that I give too much detail and I would not like for the reader to get bored or think, "Oh it's Merlin again. I like her posts but I don't have 5 minutes to read it."  Maybe I worry too much. :) :)
    I like to read your posts through and through and I don't think your are long at all.  Thanks for the smile.  If you can, please give an extra pat your kitties and pup for me, too. Talk to ya on another soon!  :) :)
      September 18, 2018 7:43 PM MDT

I've truly never ever found your posts too long.. and I wondered about whether you were saying you were worried about that. I think one of the good things about this site is that generally speaking we are an intelligent lot - so more than capable of reading more than one sentence replies and indeed many of us appreciate it when people take the time to put some thought into their replies.. as you always do. 
      September 19, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

Pleasure, when I have completed all my work. My vehicle is frustrating and becoming more so every day.  Poor ole thing has seen better days for sure. 
      September 18, 2018 1:34 PM MDT

Pleasure with my partner and family, frustrating we are so far apart.  This post was edited by . at September 19, 2018 3:45 PM MDT
      September 18, 2018 1:36 PM MDT

a. The challenge of computer games, charting the exponentials and optimizing the growth routes.

b. ¨Japanese games". They have a whole other set of gaming traditions and they dont document them any better than we document ours (but ours I know already so that is OK for me).
      September 18, 2018 1:46 PM MDT

Pleasure: AnswerMug friends
    Displeasure: My deteriorating body. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 19, 2018 3:45 PM MDT
      September 18, 2018 1:55 PM MDT

i like the net, nny frustrations is not having a job
      September 18, 2018 2:37 PM MDT

Pleasure—coming home every day at work thankful my coworkers and I made it home safely. There are exceptions, but I’m pleased the majority of the time we go home safe.

Greatest source of frustration—a supervisor I discussed with you in a previous question and discussion. She wants me to baby and coddle inmates. She wants me to be laced on some rules. Not going to happen. If she wants to wipe their rear ends, powder their rear ends, and tuck them in at night she needs a new profession. 
      September 18, 2018 3:38 PM MDT

You and I so need a job swap! I am getting it in the neck because two of my colleagues, the new manager and her sidekick who is equally mean want me to treat our captive audience badly, overly harsh, overly dictatorial, unfairly.. and I truly believe they don't even like our *customers* - I hate it, it depresses me :(
      September 19, 2018 3:48 PM MDT

I would have a much different attitude and philosophy in your line of work. I do believe people deserve respect and dignity. I draw the line at coddling people, letting people break rules or laws, and not teaching right from wrong. My job is to make sure inmates behave and follow the rules set. I hold them accountable. I also hold my subordinates accountable. Treating American inmates like victims and babying them doesn’t work. Period. My biggest issue isn’t with the lack of compassion, concern for, and help for victims. 
      September 19, 2018 4:15 PM MDT

That comma doesn't belong there.  That's all I've got until it's edited out.

:(
      September 18, 2018 8:38 PM MDT

You missed my mistake. Go punish yourself and make your own sandwich.
      September 19, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

I haven't even read your post, so I don't know to what you are referring.
    --
      September 19, 2018 9:36 PM MDT

I fixed it...
      September 20, 2018 12:19 AM MDT

Oh gosh you are right! I didn't even notice it there! 
      September 19, 2018 3:48 PM MDT

You can always edit your own posts, you know.  Simply click the "Rename" button.

September 19, 2018 9:30 PM MDT

I think randy was on about your comma ", (non naughty)" Is it a qualifying sentence (ringed with commas) or a parenthetical (as implied by the ()s)? This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 25, 2018 6:32 PM MDT
      September 25, 2018 6:31 PM MDT