Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How long and how much do you have to booze it up to permanently damage/cripple your brain? Do you get "wasted" often? Know anyone who does?

How long and how much do you have to booze it up to permanently damage/cripple your brain? Do you get "wasted" often? Know anyone who does?

Posted - September 19, 2018

Responses

Once ...

September 19, 2018 2:35 AM MDT

Was that YOUR car Sbf or just an illustration of that once? I got wasted ONCE as well and had dry heaves for 3 days afterward. I can you tell I wanted to die. I never did it again. Why anyone would want to go through that I cannot say but I suspect it is some kind of death wish that drives them to keep repeating it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 19, 2018 3:11 AM MDT

Not mine, but alcohol tends to suppress the superego, allowing the id to make bad choices - such as choosing to drive while drunk. One bad choice can really mess you up.

I got stinkin' drunk more times than I like to admit before I learned to limit it. I'm still inclined to get a mild buzz now and then, but not paralytic. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at September 19, 2018 6:06 AM MDT
      September 19, 2018 4:06 AM MDT

Could it possibly be a "rite of passage" for guys Sbf? A stage/phase most of them go through early on? I had that gawd-awful dry heaves experience in my early 30's. I still remember how physically miserable I was. It's something that is very memorable and not in a good way. I think maybe it was a blessing. Just like my one and only time "smoking". I'm sure I've told you about what I experienced when I snuck a cigarette from my uncle's pack when I was 10 years old. It, too, was memorable and painful and I never smoked again. Well as an adult at parties I'd  play around with one and take a puff. I never inhaled and I probably only did that a half dozen times. They laughed at how "Rosie thinks she's smoking". I did it on purpose. Just as I use "blue" language on purpose. It's funny odd when I think of it now but no one ever swore around me. I didn't use that kind of language either. Then one day when I was in my 20's I don't know what the subject was but I got pretty darn angry and used a swear word. Everyone was so SHOCKED they were speechless. They just stared at me. The ham in me loved that reaction so I kept doing it. Got to be a habit. A habit I have yet to break. But then again I haven't tried to...yet. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 19, 2018 4:51 AM MDT
      September 19, 2018 4:49 AM MDT

I've had a couple of good hangovers in my youth, but realized that while it may have been fun getting there, dealing with the aftermath was no bed of roses.  Not being able to stand the crashing of your eyelids isn't fun.  Fortunately, I didn't drive then and when I got my license, I made myself a promise that I would never drive while under the influence and I never have.  I'm not much of a drinker, but when I was quite sick back in 2015,  I lost my desire for alcohol even when I recovered.  If I had three glasses of wine in the past year, I've had a lot.
      September 19, 2018 6:10 AM MDT