Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Have you ever had to travel somewhere for any reason related to a natural disaster?

Have you ever had to travel somewhere for any reason related to a natural disaster?

Such as evacuating an area or going to help a family member evacuate or going into an area in the aftermath to help rebuild.

Posted - September 22, 2018

Responses

Fortunately, I have not had to evacuate for a natural disaster or any other reason.  I can't imagine what people who do must be going through.  I know it's easy to think that they're fortunate to be alive, and they are, but when you think of what they have to deal with living in shelters, having only what they could carry, and possibly having not home left, it is unfathomable.
      September 22, 2018 9:41 AM MDT

• It has never happened to me, I am fortunate to say. I know people who have had to evacuate their homes because of wildfire threats, though. A wildfire is unlikely to be a danger to the flat area I live in, but it's possible. 
      September 22, 2018 10:04 AM MDT

We left Florida in 2004, not as part of the evacuation but because after the hurricane we got tired of living without electricity for 10 days.
      September 22, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

I had no electric for several days thanx to a strong storm. I was able to take refreshing showers thanx to my mother's home being out of the effected area. I went out after the storm and bought the last chain saw I could get since many trees were down around my house, but first I cleared some downed trees that were blocking streets around the hospital. 
      September 22, 2018 7:02 PM MDT

I stayed with my father for a bit after hurricane Frances back in 2004. We were going to be without power for quite a while and we lived on the backroads which are lowest on the list of priorities, so we just left to stay with my dad since he still had power.
      September 22, 2018 7:13 PM MDT

not yet and i hope i never do
      September 23, 2018 2:29 PM MDT