Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Do you have any ideas for a book?

Do you have any ideas for a book?

^.^.  Boo!

Posted - October 4, 2018

Responses

I have two ideas based on one subject. Either write a realistic fictional book about prison or write a book about my experiences as a corrections officer. 
      October 4, 2018 5:49 PM MDT

Sounds interesting.  I think of prison movies as being like war movies - stories about survival in intolerable conditions.  Am I right?
      October 4, 2018 5:54 PM MDT

I have yet to see a prison show, movie, or fictional book that is even close to being realistic. It’s an awful and hostile environment. This post was edited by Rizz at October 5, 2018 7:42 AM MDT
      October 4, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

Have two great idea for cildren's books. Which will remain a secret until the time is right. 
    Would like to work on them with my hubby.   One of the great things we will accomplish together.
      October 4, 2018 6:17 PM MDT

1. Bill Mollison's Permaculture Community at Pumpenbil: how failure to resolve disputes threatens action on climate change.
    2. How scientists discovered the melting of the permafrost in the arctic tundras, and what it means for global warming.
    3. & 4. The stories of my mother's great, great, great, great, great grandfather's and father's great, great, great grandfather's lives - history.
    5. The story of a Mitannian horse-lord who betrayed his country, and brought the ruin of a 400-year-old culture: why he did it - semi-historical fiction, probably speculative fantasy, including romance and crime mystery, pop/commercial.
    6. The story of a £10 Pom who came to immigrated with his family after WWII, how they adapted, his struggles, spiritual life and heroism.
    7. The story of a boy who grew up neglected, ran away, and how he became an accomplished classical musician and composer: triumph over adversity.
    8. The story of a little rich girl, how she was spoiled, unloved and incested, became a delinquent, criminal and psychopath - using Thomas-Hardy-like "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" style: shows how social mores allow it to happen - ends in tragic death.

One at a time, I expect each to take one year to write and one to revise and edit.

Others on backburner have lower priority.
    At 62, time is against me - so I'm at it as if I might drop dead tomorrow.

This post was edited by inky at October 7, 2018 1:04 PM MDT
      October 4, 2018 8:07 PM MDT

Wow! You must have a fertile imagination. Maybe I can be a consultant on the story about overcoming disadvantages to succeed at something. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at October 5, 2018 7:43 AM MDT
      October 4, 2018 10:23 PM MDT

I'd certainly like to hear how you did it - what it took. :)
    If it fitted my character, I could end up using some of it. 
      October 5, 2018 12:25 AM MDT

I had a very successful grandfather who I sought my whole life (so far) to emulate.  He also seemed very humble and kind but only because he never said anything.  For all I know he hated everyone.
      October 5, 2018 8:44 PM MDT

Numerous.   However, as a writer myself I don't intend to divulge any of my ideas.
      October 4, 2018 8:45 PM MDT

Your secrets are safe with me.
      October 4, 2018 10:22 PM MDT

I'm a short story guy. Once I retire, I may enter more short story contests and see what happens. ( I entered an essay contest for a major newspaper some years ago and was awarded 7th place. That was out of 1000 entries.)
      October 5, 2018 6:24 AM MDT

The legendary tale of one man's sojourn to find the perfect sandwich-making woman . . . 
    ~
      October 5, 2018 6:26 AM MDT

Use them for paper weights and doorstops. My wife uses them to fill boxes in the garage. Hey...why waste a good box?
      October 5, 2018 7:47 AM MDT

"The adventures of Fred the bedbug exploring the body of a sleeping beauty".
      October 5, 2018 8:10 AM MDT

no
      October 5, 2018 1:46 PM MDT

C'mon Pearl.  Make something up.  You can do it.  I'm counting on you.
      October 5, 2018 8:46 PM MDT