Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Christianity Believers - What does the Bible say about the Republican Party?

Christianity Believers - What does the Bible say about the Republican Party?

https://www.openbible.info/topics/republican_party

I do - how about you?

Posted - October 8, 2018

Responses

Hello beans:

It says thou shall not steal a Supreme Court seat from the rightful owner, cause thou will pisseth off a buncheth of women..

excon
      October 8, 2018 9:54 AM MDT

LOL
      October 8, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

Hello, backatcha excon.  (backatcha, borrowed from Rosie)  This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at October 8, 2018 5:23 PM MDT
      October 8, 2018 5:17 PM MDT

I don't believe the Republican or Democrat parties were around during the time the Bible was written. 
      October 8, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

It's said - nothing new under the sun. A phrase adapted from the Book of Ecclesiastes...

When Rome was established as a Republic, there were two major political groups. First came the Patricians, who ruled the Senate exclusively. Then emerged the Plebeians. The Patricians were made up of the upper class, wealthy or landed individuals, while the Plebeians consisted of the lower classes. A third group was the Equestrians, who were the growing merchant class. Eventually, as Rome grew in wealth a power, the Equestrians grew more dominant as well. Ultimately, two political parties grew up out of these various groups. The "Optimates" or what was essentially the Patricians and Equestrians combined versus the "Populares," which represented small merchants and the lower classes. The Optimates represented the interests of the wealthy and the Populares the interests of the poor.
    An association could easily be made with the modern political parties in the US to the Republicans being the Optimates and the Democrats being the Populares. - Clarence Sherrick
      October 8, 2018 6:26 PM MDT

I don't subscribe to the whole Dems for the poor and Rep for the rich thing...it is much more than that. I was taught that growing up. 

The only thing thr Bible does say....is pay your taxes. And the CHURCH is supposed to take care of the widows and orphans. 
      October 10, 2018 5:25 PM MDT

• Also, it says to pray for those in authority. When you consider the type of authority we have in the good ole USA, it's almost like the admonition to pray for those that spitefully use you.
      October 10, 2018 7:51 PM MDT

Yes....I have always prayed for the leaders of our gov.
      October 10, 2018 9:07 PM MDT

"I don't believe the Republican or Democrat parties were around during the time the Bible was written." >>>> ermm.... was Jesus around during the time the "Old" Testament [OT] was written? Yet Christians are adamant that the OT is full of references to Jesus.
      November 2, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

I dont know, but I do know if it did say something about the Republican or Democratic party, it would probably remind them to love thyself as you would thy neighbor.
      October 8, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

Since you're so interested, why don't you tell us?
      October 8, 2018 11:37 AM MDT

have no idea
      October 8, 2018 12:48 PM MDT

Well, that's easy:

Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
      October 8, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

Revelation 11:18 says,  "The time has come to judge the dead, and to reward Your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear Your name, both small and great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth.  (emphasis added).
    I say this with reference to deregulation and denial of global warming - not that some democrats aren't equally guilty.
      October 8, 2018 6:57 PM MDT

The Bible speaks of God, Jesus, salvation and spiritual matters in general. It also speaks of humanity as a whole. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the indifference of it. But I suppose a person if they so choose, can politicize the Bible like they do everything else today. :)
      October 10, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

Nothing specifically.  The Republican party did not exist before the mid 19th century. 
      October 10, 2018 7:57 PM MDT

erm.... couldn't one use the same argument to answer the question "What does the "Old" Testament [OT] say about Jesus?" and say, Nothing specifically.  Jesus did not exist before the Common Era.   
      November 2, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

When the Lord jesus Christ walked the earth he fled an occasion where a crowd was wanting to make him king. He refused to accept the position of king of the Jews because he knew the one that would appoint him king would be his Father. (Acts 2:29-36)therefore he instructed his disciples to not be involved with worldly affairs. (John 15:19)therefore, even though the Republican party did not exist at the time of Jesus existence, even if it had, Jesus would not have been a part of it, or any other political party. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 29, 2018 12:02 AM MDT
      October 28, 2018 11:51 PM MDT