Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I know. Y'all think it's all fake and a left-wing conspiracy. So don't read the dam* question. For others wanna know what scientist say?

I know. Y'all think it's all fake and a left-wing conspiracy. So don't read the dam* question. For others wanna know what scientist say?

Climate change will INCREASE the number of wildfires and create a food shortage worldwide.I think they said it will occur by 2020 though I'm not sure. I overheard it on the telly which is in the living room. Did anyone hear that too?  What do we do now? We sure as he** don't need more wildfires in California.

Posted - October 8, 2018

Responses

:):):) You know DB I have no idea where your patience is coming from but it is seemingly endless. How do you do it? How do you keep your cool and stick to facts and keep on going and going and going no matter what you receive in the way of  rebuttals? I commend you for it. I don't have the "right stuff" so I just don't get into such conversations as you are willing and quite capable of doing. Just wanted you to know I admire that ability bigly. I wish I had it but I don't. I know my limits. :) Of course I'm gonna ask about it! This post was edited by RosieG at October 9, 2018 4:37 AM MDT
      October 9, 2018 2:46 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 9, 2018 2:41 AM MDT

October 9, 2018 2:40 AM MDT

October 9, 2018 2:32 AM MDT

To reference another question of yours, I may not know why you were gone, but I know where you went---Waaaaaay Out There.
      October 8, 2018 5:35 PM MDT

Thank you tom jackson, I appreciate the compliment. ;)
      October 8, 2018 5:36 PM MDT

I don’t think the gist of your message was received. 
      October 8, 2018 5:49 PM MDT

Actually, it was Don Barzini. It was. :D
      October 8, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

October 9, 2018 2:39 AM MDT

More and larger wildfires are but a symptom of the larger patterns of drought. Drought brought on by hotter growing seasons with less rain. More dry tinder and underbrush to burn. It is the increased drought that will drive the loss in crop production, in arable land and in increasing costs of producing food everywhere else. 
    All of this was predicted over 20 years ago, though the latest reports are indicative of a situation growing worse than those early predictions.  
      October 8, 2018 5:41 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply DB and Happy Tuesday to thee. We are getting burned out and burned big in California. The fires are getting larger and burning longer. Of course other states have problems we don't have like hurricanes and tornadoes. We have been waiting for "the big one" vis a vis earthquakes for a coupla decades.  One way or another nature gets our attention doesn't it?
      October 9, 2018 2:36 AM MDT

Yes, we are in the process of dealing with another hurricane here, Michael, though most of it hits further north. 
    Last year, Irma literally passed over my neighborhood. What a mess. Had to evacuate to Tenn for 6 days. 
    None of this is getting better. 
      October 9, 2018 4:45 AM MDT

I know m'dear. Scary ain't it? Thank you for your reply DB! :)
      October 9, 2018 5:45 AM MDT