Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which once-in-a-lifetime thing would you like to experience? For golfers, a hole in one? For gamblers a natural Royal Flush?

Which once-in-a-lifetime thing would you like to experience? For golfers, a hole in one? For gamblers a natural Royal Flush?

Posted - October 9, 2018

Responses

I'd like to win a multi-million dollar lottery.
      October 10, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

We play every week L. A coupla bucks. Someone is gonna win. Maybe one day it will be us. You can't win if you don't play! What would you buy first thing? For us it would be a condo at the beach. We plan to split it among family members. So if it's a big big win that would  be assured. But any win would be nifty. Thank you for your reply L!  :)
      October 10, 2018 1:00 PM MDT

First off, I would make sure that all my sisters and their families are set up with trust that would generate income for life.  Then I would buy myself a house on a nice sized piece of land and make it a puppy farm and a sanctuary for older dogs that no one wants or can't afford to keep.  When I say puppy farm, I don't mean a puppy mill - just somewhere for them to have a good home until they are adopted.  After that, I would make charitable contributions.  My needs are really small, so I don't need much.
      October 10, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

That is beyond swell. I have a friend I met on Answerbag whom you may or may not know but she gives much of her spare time (which isn't a lot) to finding homes for abused/abandoned animals. I'm so proud of her and I'm so proud of you too my friend. I sincerely hope your ship comes in one day so you can achieve your dream. It breaks my heart to see those ads on TV about abused animals. Their eyes are always frightened. Sometimes they're shivering. Our needs are small as well L. Maybe one day? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 11, 2018 4:38 AM MDT

I think of those poor animals the same as I would a child - vulnerable and defenseless against cruel people.  Those ads get t me, too.  Happy Thursday. :)
      October 11, 2018 5:17 AM MDT

I close my eyes but it doesn't help. The images still exist in my mind's eye. Thank you L! :)
      October 11, 2018 5:44 AM MDT

I know - it's very disturbing.
      October 11, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

I'm not a violent person but I wish the abusesr could experience first-hand what they dished out. I know I've said I don't believe in revenge or retaliation but that is just limited to me and my getting back at anyone who harmed ME.  However on behalf of abused animals and other humans I wish abusers would pay the same price they exacted from their victims. Just between thee and me. :(
      October 11, 2018 8:41 AM MDT

I feel the same way.
      October 11, 2018 8:46 AM MDT

((hugs))
      October 11, 2018 9:09 AM MDT

1. The owning of a home.
    2. The raisng of a family.
    3. The purchase of a brand new SUV. This post was edited by Zack at October 10, 2018 2:14 PM MDT
      October 10, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

We share your number one wish. We rent.

As for number two we raised our kids and m'dear you shared your story with me long ago and my heart goes out to you.

As for number 3 Jim shares that. I kinda think it's a guy thing Zack.

Thank you for your reply and Happy 'Wednesday to you . This post was edited by RosieG at October 10, 2018 1:22 PM MDT
      October 10, 2018 11:57 AM MDT