Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » The Dem motto? When they go low, we kick them? Are you ok with this?

The Dem motto? When they go low, we kick them? Are you ok with this?

Former AG Eric Holder says kick them.
Hillary says no civility until Dem control one House of Congress. 
Maxine Walters says harrass them get in their face. 

Then you have Antifa who is more than willing to do the violence.

There was a prolife woman recently drop kicked to the face by a man at a protest.

Posted - October 11, 2018

Responses

I’m not okay with how politicians and some people on both sides are acting. Too many of us are placing political parties before our country. Others are acting like children, crybabies, or violent thugs. 
      October 11, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

Thugs and unstable people on both sides don't need much to persuade them violence is ok.  As a former AG Holder knows that his words matter.
      October 12, 2018 4:37 AM MDT

Sounds like an argument between 6 year olds. Thing is there are enough unhinged people out there that will act on that whether meant literal or not. which many cases are showing that result. Some think the ends will justify the means and we are right and does not matter how we get what we want.
      October 11, 2018 8:37 AM MDT

Yes there are crazies who don't need encouragement.
      October 11, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

I agree, and that is the real tragedy. Encouraged by party politics (in both parties) and partisan hysteria.

I would recommend that both parties seriously try to rein in their own hotheads and escalators. That is a lot more important and constructive than pointing fingers at the other party.
      October 14, 2018 11:57 AM MDT

Nope. I am not at all ok with this. That type of speech and behavior is a mob/gang mentality that has no place in politics or in our society as a whole. :)
      October 11, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

It is getting scary.
      October 11, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

Yup, I agree. It is getting scary.
      October 11, 2018 10:36 PM MDT

dont know anything about it
      October 11, 2018 10:21 AM MDT

Sounds like bragaddio talk. Don't Republicans do that too? ("We can win the war in Vietnam!")
      October 11, 2018 11:00 AM MDT

I agree....he did not mean literally but talk like this makes people do crazy things. 
      October 11, 2018 7:58 PM MDT

The dem motto? 

Why are we still doing this? Why are we still making this a party thing? Both parties are being crappy. Both. And, both have been violent. 

Moreover, Antifa is not a democratic organization nor does it target republicans and conservatives. The group was going after white supremacists. They mobilized in places like Charlottesville purely because neo-nazis were congregating. If you'd like to learn more, here's a good start: https://www.vox.com/2017/8/25/16189064/antifa-charlottesville-dc-unite-the-right-mark-bray 
      October 11, 2018 2:48 PM MDT

Former AG Eric Holder said it: "'When they go low, we go high'.....No, No. When they go low, we kick them. That is what this new Demcrat party is about."

Maybe I could have worded it better....but this man was the Attorney General and there is talk of him running for President. 

I don't like it either. It causes unstable people to do bad things. Remember pizzagate....caused by right wing talking stupid stuff and people died. Maxine Walters says get in their face anytime you see them in public. That is happening. (Obama said it too while he was in office) Rep were shot at by a man upset over Obamacare just a few years ago. 

As far as Antifa...yes they do attack Rep and conservatives. They have rioted at Berkely more than once because a conservative was being allowed to speak. At one time, they likely were a antiracism group....but that ship sailed. They have threatened parade because Reps had a float in it. Now, they are a violent group which has been declared a terrorist group in some states.

October 11, 2018 8:34 PM MDT

I won’t credit any one person (or any two people, for that matter) as THE voice of an entire party. I sniff bitterness in Clinton’s comments, but that’s just me.

That said, it’s enough to call out the incivility, but to avow more of it, or intend to escalate it, is entirely unacceptable to me. This is national discourse, what kind of country, what kind of society are we becoming to embrace unbridled inflammatory rhetoric as our standard mode of interaction? 
    This is a sad new reality in the glare of Trumpworld. 

As a nation, Americans are failing their own common interests (and the best ideals of the founding fathers) to continue to diss each other from different sides of an ever-widening aisle instead of engaging as civil citizens sharing the same soil and problems.
    We all have to demand a higher standard from our “leaders”, and jettison those who won’t meet those demands.
    Time we all grew up. This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 14, 2018 9:10 PM MDT
      October 11, 2018 3:35 PM MDT

Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid - A Song.

Keep the lid on certain incite to riot talk... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at October 11, 2018 6:56 PM MDT
      October 11, 2018 3:58 PM MDT

• If we took every comment from every politician literally , we'd be crazy.  Both parties have said stupid crap, Trump among the worst IMO.  Not worth getting my knickers in a twist! LOL
      October 13, 2018 8:23 PM MDT