Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you think the rock band Aerosmith even approached their claim of being the biggest thing to ever hit the planet?

Do you think the rock band Aerosmith even approached their claim of being the biggest thing to ever hit the planet?

Posted - October 11, 2018

Responses

The biggest thing to ever hit this planet was that 6 mile wide asteroid or comet that made the crater in Chicxulub. The Gulf of Mexico. It was definitely NOT Aerosmith. This post was edited by Zack at October 12, 2018 7:55 AM MDT
      October 11, 2018 10:18 PM MDT

No. They were not. It has been theorized that our moon is the residue of the biggest thing to ever hit the planet.

More recently, smartphone was a bigger hit. 
      October 12, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

Sounds like Wayne & Garth are in the house.

October 12, 2018 6:11 AM MDT

They made a splash but there are others that made bigger impressions.
      October 12, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

nnaybe
      October 12, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

• They're certainly free to dream on.
      October 12, 2018 6:54 PM MDT

• No.  They were close back in the day except drugs got in their way.   Once Joe Perry left and formed Joe Perry Project, that was it for me.   Rocks, though -  great album.    Everything after Draw The Line was horrible, just horrible.    Don't even get me started, because I just ate.
      October 13, 2018 3:09 PM MDT

• What? You mean after Pump? Because Pump was fantabulous.
      October 14, 2018 2:07 AM MDT

• I really could not stand that album.   I wanted them to stay they were they were up through Rocks.  They became too soft for me.
      October 14, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

Nope. Overrated AF. 

But "Dream On" is a solid song, however. Timed beautifully. 
      October 13, 2018 6:14 PM MDT

Aerosmith had some good songs, mostly in their early years. They don’t come close to Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles(who I don’t care for), Pearl Jam, Nirvana(who I don’t care for), and Elvis, who were far bigger in music. This post was edited by Rizz at October 14, 2018 2:56 PM MDT
      October 13, 2018 6:18 PM MDT

• If you listen to Write Me, isn't that better than any formulaic song The Rolling Stones produced? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 14, 2018 2:18 AM MDT
      October 14, 2018 2:17 AM MDT

The Stones have so many songs I love. 
      October 14, 2018 2:29 PM MDT

• Weren't the Beatles Italian love songs according to the great English Pete Townsend?
      October 14, 2018 2:19 AM MDT

• At 58, I can't bear to hear any more Led Zeppelin. I had a love affair with them but than it died maybe because I listen to them to death.
      October 14, 2018 2:21 AM MDT

• I never immersed in Elvis for a sit down listen and music soul died for my ego when I heard the first tangential twang of alternative in 1980. The shred instrumental stuff was awesome though. Tony Macalpine for one.
      October 14, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

I don't know of any such claim but even if it existed not sure why it would be so important to you.  How is there any way anyone could know what the biggest thing to hit the planet was?  And why would anyone even care.  Is it a matter of finding out what the biggest thing is and just automatically following it because it is the biggest thing?  That seems pretty desperate and sad. 

Lots of people are going to make such claims to get attention like I remember in my youth Cassius Clay (Mohammed Ali) used to talk about being "The Greatest" etc. and I just never paid much attention to that.  Aerosmith was a very good group and their success over a number of years is a matter of record.  Some people are going to like them and listen to them and some people are not.  The music is what is important here rather than anything they may or may not have said in interviews.  Not really important at all whether they are or are not the biggest whether you like them or not.  That shouldn't matter. 
      October 14, 2018 2:52 PM MDT