Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Have you ever met anyone without a sense of humor and/or never laughs?

Have you ever met anyone without a sense of humor and/or never laughs?

I’ve had one co-worked who I’ve never heard laugh. Not a single time while others were laughing hysterically.

Posted - October 15, 2018

Responses

I took my girls to a a doctor years ago, one that we had never met before.  We always cut up with people but this man hardly even smiled.  He had no personality at all it seemed.  Not to his face, we called him onion from then on. 
      October 15, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

yes, i think everyone has
      October 15, 2018 2:31 PM MDT

You're pretty much describing me. Although. I do have my moments. This post was edited by Zack at October 15, 2018 3:30 PM MDT
      October 15, 2018 2:32 PM MDT

• "Yes" ... my high school librarian.
      October 15, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

Sounds about right. Looking back I had an old dinosaur for a second grade teacher. I don’t remember him ever smiling, let alone laugh. He was the grumpiest old fart I ever knew. 
      October 15, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

I had students who never laughed. I had one who not only didn't laugh, she rarely talked. She would come to class, do her work, and aced the class. She dropped out after two quarters. When I asked her why, she said my class was too easy and was going to take it in college. I think the reason she was like that was she considered the other students to be morons and never interacted with them.
      October 15, 2018 3:38 PM MDT

My step-son had a friend and we were friendly with his parents.  The father seemed a little too serious but I had no idea until one day we were all standing around and one of us (not him) made a very funny comment.  We all burst into laughter except him.  He just looked blankly ahead and went Ha ha ha ha ha in a monotone, mechanical sounding voice.  It was so sad.
      October 15, 2018 6:18 PM MDT

I'm sort of like that. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor, I just can't help that I turn into a robot around most people. I laugh a lot around close friends and family members, maybe it's just social anxiety..
      October 15, 2018 10:17 PM MDT

I think it important to point out that if someone does not laugh when you expect it of them might not be because they don't have a sense of humor, but only because they found nothing funny to laugh at.  You see it becomes a no-win situation - if we pretend to laugh then we cam expect to get more of the same drivel, but if we don't laugh at all we will be spared the drivel but risk losing the connection.  let's face it - most people trying to be funny are just not at all but are rather sad and pathetic.  Like they are desperately looking for reassurance.   Same with people who seem to think it is everybody's responsibility to entertain and amuse them.  Some questions on this site call for "humorous answers please" and really why would they expect that of us? Like telling us OK amuse me. Really!  Humor is very personal and some things we find rolling-on-the-floor humorous while others are more ironic type humorous - mildly amusing I guess.  One size does not fit all.   So if someone does just not laugh at your jokes it does not mean they don't have a "sense of humor".
      October 16, 2018 6:32 AM MDT