Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Laws to restrict voting never seem to affect trumpicans or Republicans (are there any of them left). Only Dems. Can anyone guess WHY?

Laws to restrict voting never seem to affect trumpicans or Republicans (are there any of them left). Only Dems. Can anyone guess WHY?

Posted - October 17, 2018

Responses

i cant
      October 19, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

What restrictions are you referring to? I have seen none in my area. 
      October 19, 2018 2:55 PM MDT

There are lawsuits pending in many states glenho. If you are not cognizant of them then you must not spend too much time watching TV news shows, reading about what's going on on the internet or reading newspapers/magazines. No disrespect intended here. I'm retired so I have all the time in the world to keep on top of things politically. I believe it is North Dakota who is now requiring Native Americans who live on reservations to provide a street address. They will no longer accept a P.O. Box. Now it is my understanding Reservations do not have street addresses. Never did. So now the Native American hierarchy there has to manufacture street addresses to satisfy the new rule. In Georgia there are 53,000 voters who are being suspended through some ruse. The guy running for Governor suspended them.  Also in many red states the number of places you can vote are fewer, the hours are restricted making it more difficult to vote. The rule is that we vote where we live. Makes sense. Students who attend college away from home LIVE ON CAMPUS so that is their home. There is one state at least that insisted the students would have to go back home to vote. That voting on campus would not be allowed. I believe that was shot down but you can surely understand that some students would be unable to go home to vote right? All of the restrictions and obstacles and denials and changes of rules affect those who vote Dem most often. From that I think you can gather WHY. The folks imposing these ridiculous rules are deathly afraid they cannot win legally so they are stacking the deck and rigging it against folks who don't normally vote trumpican/republican. They know if they don't they will lose. Check it out if you wish. Google "VOTER SUPPRESSION" and just see what comes up. Or you can take my word for it. I won't be offended if you don't. So did I answer your question? Thank you for asking it and good that you have no restrictions in your area. So everyone is allowed to vote without being hampered or shackled or crippled or hobbled or prevented where you live. Oh. I almost forgot, A bus of African Americans drove up to a polling place and was turned away and not allowed to vote. I forget what state that was in but it was all over the news on TV for several days. Now people of color normally vote as Dems. If they voted as trumpicans they would have been allowed to vote. This kind of crap goes on all over the country all the time. It is insidious and systemic and purposeful and transparent and evident . It is also devastating and tragic and disgusting and shameful and UNPATRIOTIC and UNAMERICAN. This post was edited by RosieG at October 20, 2018 4:17 AM MDT
      October 20, 2018 4:12 AM MDT