Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Identifying, outing, purging the fake the phony is an ongoing tribulation. The number of fakes on FB and Twitter is staggering. Didja know?

Identifying, outing, purging the fake the phony is an ongoing tribulation. The number of fakes on FB and Twitter is staggering. Didja know?

Allegedly FB closed 583 million accounts in the first three months of 2018. Allegedly Twitter purged 70 million accounts in May and June  and just identified another 9.9 million that are potential FAKES. If you play in those playgrounds you're surround by bots and fakes and phonies placed there to manipulate you politically. Bet you thought what you think is all your own. Bet you didn't know you are being played and shaped and formed by bots planted there to kill truth, embrace lies. You don't know who is whom or if it's a what. All make-believe fantasy enveloped in unreality. It worked. It keeps working. Inflammatory hate runs rampant through out and the hate lovers just lap it up and promulgate and spread it around.  The price you pay for "having friends, staying in touch, communicating". Any of you FORMER Tweeters and FB ers who left because you got tired of interacting with fakes and being used?

Posted - October 19, 2018

Responses

Don't tell me the Atlantic council is unbiased. 
      October 19, 2018 5:35 AM MDT

Apologies but I have no idea to what you refer. Could you elucidate/clarify/explain? Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Friday.
      October 19, 2018 6:48 AM MDT

It's the supposedly bipartisan organisation that FB are using to determine what's fake and what's not. 
      October 19, 2018 6:52 AM MDT

Oh? Oh I did not know. Thank you for the explanation. I had not heard of that. I think "objective" is non-existent in individuals but I do believe in bi-partisan though whether or not it is actually happening how do we know?
      October 20, 2018 3:47 AM MDT

FB has shut down many valid accounts as well. Most are conservative pages. I got a email the other day with a partial list. 

My husband's page is blocked at the moment. It is a religious page. We are waiting while FB does whatever they do. They did not like that he does not use it to socialize with others...only to promote his ministry. 
      October 19, 2018 6:36 AM MDT

Exactly what my cuz found. I believe they are turning on leftwingers as well. 

Time for Trump to do something about it. 

This post was edited by Malizz at October 19, 2018 7:39 AM MDT
      October 19, 2018 6:43 AM MDT

The only way to do anything would be to consider the internet as a utility. And I don't know if that would allow gov regulation of specific sites ie FB, Twitter etc. 
    And I am not sure I want the gov regulating it. 
      October 19, 2018 7:45 AM MDT

I don't think the Govt wants to be seen openly regulating it either. That's why they are using an apparent third party. 
      October 20, 2018 4:45 AM MDT

Twitter is the worst about banning and shadow banning people. A lot of my friends were out in 'Twitter Jail" just for stating conservative views. Twitter is a horrible place due to it's politics. If a left wing makes threats against the right, it's all fine and dandy, if the right says anything against the left, they are banned or suspended. 
    Blacks can call for genocide against whites and it's all good, if a white says anything about blacks, they are banned or suspended. No one should be attacking anyone, but, Twitter should be balanced in how they handle with it. 
      October 19, 2018 7:04 AM MDT

On AnswerMug we are still allowed to express more traditional views though we are sometimes called down for them.  However hatred of more candidates with more traditional views is very much allowed. 
      October 19, 2018 7:21 AM MDT

theres probably fake accts on both of those
      October 19, 2018 1:56 PM MDT