Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you think it's possible to carry the "Power of Positive Thinking" too far?

Do you think it's possible to carry the "Power of Positive Thinking" too far?

Couldn't it be another form of denial precluding an effort to recognize and try to solve real problems?

Posted - October 19, 2018

Responses

Yes and yes. 

I do think it's healthy and helpful to look for the bright side of negative situations. 
      October 19, 2018 8:08 PM MDT

Never!
      October 19, 2018 9:02 PM MDT

• I'm not seeing how maintaining a positive attitude would keep anybody from identifying and solving  problems.  $taying positive doesn't necessarily mean denial of the negative, it means that were not going to be controlled by it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 21, 2018 6:07 AM MDT
      October 19, 2018 10:43 PM MDT

yes
      October 20, 2018 3:34 PM MDT

No and No.
    I am a strong believer in thinking good thoughts.  Why?  Because thoughts become things. 
    See both sides.  There is negative.  There is positive. The beauty of this thought is, it's your choice.  
    You decide. 
      October 21, 2018 12:59 AM MDT

Yes, but thinking negatively all the time doesn't help either. There needs to be a balance.
      October 21, 2018 6:09 AM MDT

By the same thinking "gloom and doom" thinking might be considered "denial" as well.  "positive thinking" is really nothing more than hope and planning for the best outcomes for all and I think that good and right  though sometimes the opposite may happen. Good spirits and a good, active, and  practical approach to life will go far in itself and we certainly will have a much better time with it.  Long as we are willing to do the work. 
      October 21, 2018 7:13 AM MDT

Well, I, for one, am glad that Winston Churchill had a negative attitude toward the Nazi's.  I don't think, in the end, that Neville Chamberlin's hoping for the best would have resulted in the best outcome.
      October 21, 2018 7:27 PM MDT

Don't know a lot about that but would say Churchill's attitude in general was much more positive for England. 
      October 22, 2018 7:28 AM MDT

All the people I knew who believed that stuff gave it up and became bitter realists when the Universe just wouldn't manifest the things they visualized.
      October 21, 2018 4:58 PM MDT

BEing 'positive' is NEVER a bad thing.

it's not the situation, but how you react to it........WOW I have a problem with that.....but anyhoooooo

rather than 'positive thinking' I feel that AFFORMATIONS

not AFFIRMATIONS, BUT AFFORMATIONS ARE THE WAY TO GO.

RATHER than thinking: "I can do this; this is not beyond my reach'.

it should be........WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR ME TO.........(FILL IN THE BLANK).

WITH AFFIRMATIONS, YOU ARE telling your brain something that has yet to be;

with afformations, you are telling yourself that you can do this, and it's really easy.

the brain has a much easier time accepting, and then ACTING ON THAT.

SO,,,,,,,,,INSTEAD OF thinking "I am wealthy'......it should be 'why is it so easy for me to acquire wealth?"

NOW granted wealth is not the most important thing, just the first thing that popped into my head.

this is a deep subject and I just wanted to expose y'all to something that WORKS and makes SENSE and is WELL WORTH LOOKING INTO>

OH....AND excuse the capitalization! I tend to be overdramatic at times!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

:-D

perhaps my 'afformation should be 'it's easy to stop using all caps" right?

all for now......

October 22, 2018 8:56 AM MDT