Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » THE HOUSTON CHRONICLE supports Democrat Beto O'Rourke for US Senator from Texas! SAY WHAT? What's happening in Texas?

THE HOUSTON CHRONICLE supports Democrat Beto O'Rourke for US Senator from Texas! SAY WHAT? What's happening in Texas?

Posted - October 20, 2018

Responses

October 20, 2018 11:35 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 20, 2018 11:41 AM MDT

How is Rosie's statement that the Chronicle backs O'Rourke wrong?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/recommendations/article/Senate-Beto-ORourke-Ted-Cruz-2018-endorsement-13320986.php

United States Senator: Beto O'Rourke

Ted Cruz - Republican Party: ★★

Beto O'Rourke - Democratic Party: ★★★★1/2

While the bloviations emanate from the arena next week, imagine how refreshing it would be to have a U.S. senator who not only knows the issues but respects the opposition, who takes firm positions but reaches out to those who disagree, who expects to make government work for Texas and the nation. Beto O'Rourke, we believe, is that senator.

October 21, 2018 3:01 PM MDT

Exactly where/when did I say it was wrong?
    Her question was what is happening in TX? (Why is a major paper in TX endorsing a Dem?) The answer is that particular paper is liberal. 
      October 21, 2018 3:08 PM MDT

• The whole idea behind "that paper is liberal" disturbs me greatly.  I realize it may be true, and the fact is most news outlets/sources these days rarely try to hide their political leanings, but what ever happened to impartial news?  Reporting the facts and leaving the rest to the editorials?  It would be fascinating to see a "liberal" paper endorse a Republican or a "conservative" paper endorse a Democrat simply because that person is actually the best for the job or the country not because they want to kiss a certain party's derriere.
      October 21, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

There is NO impartial news if there ever was it has gone the way of the dinosaur.
      October 21, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

The implication in your picture would seem to indicate that the fact checking is wrong.  Your comment seems to indicate that since it's TX, the paper should be backing a Republican - even if that candidate is not the best one.  And this, my friend, is why we are in such a mess.  Backing a candidate simply because it's expected of you as opposed to a better candidate, even if they are from the opposing party, is what does disservice to the people of this country.
      October 21, 2018 7:25 PM MDT

Actually, the question implies that a paper in TX should be endorsing a Republican. (Say what? What is happening in Texas?) 
    I am replying to the question as written. 

I am quite sure the center-left paper is endorsing the candidate they think is best. 
      October 21, 2018 8:13 PM MDT

October 22, 2018 1:51 AM MDT

• I cannot "respect" the opposition,(or any candidate put forth by the same) when the opposition party is comprised of thugs and anarchists who carry out acts of violence and intimidation with the open endorsement and encouragement of the so called "party leadership". Regarding the HOUSTON CHRONICLE, they unfortunately have first amendment rights as well as the right to be dead wrong. The first American Civil War was brought by radical extremists resorting to violence (with media supporting the same). This second civil war we're engaged in is more of the same. There is nothing new under the sun. Only far more at stake this time around.
      October 21, 2018 3:41 PM MDT

Your first sentence could easily mean you have no respect for either party as they are both guilty of harboring thugs and anarchists who are violent.  Perhaps you don't recall the campaign rally for Trump where white supremacists showed up with torches screaming anti-semitic and other vile slogans.  Neither party at this point can claim the high ground.
      October 21, 2018 7:32 PM MDT

True. There are some idiots on both sides.   But the torch-bearing idiots were not at a Trump rally.
      October 21, 2018 8:17 PM MDT

They may not have been at a Trump rally, but they sure made it clear they were his supporters.
      October 21, 2018 8:44 PM MDT

And Antifa makes is clear who they violently support....as you said and I agreed idiots on both sides. 
      October 22, 2018 4:51 AM MDT

I'd sooner take the side of the anti-fascists than the guys with torches.
      October 22, 2018 7:41 AM MDT

I ain't taking sides with either one of idiots. These are the bad people on both sides President Trump was talking about.
    And I don't want either one of them. If any of them break a law....they should be thrown in prison.
      October 22, 2018 8:18 AM MDT

October 22, 2018 1:52 AM MDT

October 22, 2018 1:50 AM MDT

And unfortunately, the latest polls show Cruz leading by about 7%. But keep up your wishful thinking if it makes you happy, Rosie. Whatever floats your boat!
      October 20, 2018 11:45 AM MDT

• That's pretty awesom.

According to President Trump:

Trump said he wouldn't accept Cruz's endorsement why would "Lying Ted" accept Trumps"?:
    "If he gives it, I will not accept it, I don't want his endorsement, Just, Ted, stay home, relax, enjoy yourself."

Trump atacked Lying Ted's faith:
    "How can Ted Cruz be an Evangelical Christian when he lies so much and is so dishonest?"

Trump retweeted an unflattering photo of Cruz's wife, Heidi, juxtaposed with his wife, Melania.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    "A picture is worth a thousand words" 

And lastly...Trump's nickname for Ted Cruz...
    "LYING TED"

What fool in their right sense of mind would vote for Cruz after Donald Trump picked the fatty meat from the bones of that snivling weasle, Cruz?

Trump is a poor leader and this is an excellent method to be able to seperate the MAGAt partison hacks from true patriots. 

O'Rourke is obviously the best person for that job.

Trump can't be wrong about Lying Ted. Can he?
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 22, 2018 1:52 AM MDT
      October 21, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

And how is any of this relevant to the question?
      October 21, 2018 9:22 PM MDT

Nice  thumbnail synopsis of the history of both rats. The super don impugned the physical appearance of Teddy boy's wife and also implied Teddy's daddy had something to do however indirectly with the JFK assassination. The debates were ugly wicked mean cruel as well as stupid dumb at which both Teddy boy and super don excel. But since both have no morals or integrity it's easy for them to kiss each other's butts thinking no one will notice or remember their past history. WE NOTICE! WE REMEMBER! Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply JG and Happy Monday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 22, 2018 8:48 AM MDT
      October 22, 2018 1:56 AM MDT

• "And how is any of this relevant to the question?"

I'll tell you and it about spreading the word of Trumpism, the GOP, and the new brand of Naz....conservativism

You don't find it important and relevant that the conservative (LOL) candidate is total trash but conservatives will goose-step along party lines and support him rather than an honest pattriot like O'Rourke. That is disgusting 

This is proving that Conservatives are mindless drones or simpley hateful racist or dumb AF. Seriously. Take your pick

I'm still having a difficult time understanding how the party of  Lincoln supports a rape culture, colludes with Russians, and is now being infiltrated by a group of neo-nazi white-supremcists from a group called "Identity Evropa".

This is no joke, dude. It is pushing its members to stealthily infiltrate Republican politics to move the party towards its agenda of banning non-white immigration.

Every damn Republican-Conservative is circumspect and I would never pull a levver at a voting poll for a con ever in my life moiving forward.

No one, especially god-fearing people, should support such a hateful political branch or try intellectualizing the white supremacist ideology

This...
    “I work in HR firing niggers and spics all day. Before that, I was in the army and I got to kill Muslims for fun. I’m not sure which one was better: watching niggers and spics cry because they can’t feed their little mud children or watching Muslims brains spray on the wall. Honestly both probably suck compared to listening to a kike’s scream while in the oven.”
    —Eli Mosley on The War Room, March 20, 2017

Is the type of people entering the GOP 

This is the new face of the GOP and getting rid of Cruz is a great start
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 22, 2018 1:58 AM MDT
      October 21, 2018 9:48 PM MDT

But the question was about the Chron's endorsement of O'Rourke. The paper didn't endorse Cruz, so while what you said is partly true, your unhinged rant is off base and irrelevant to the question. First of all, Cruz didn't endorse Trump (as you pointed out) and second, not all Republican voters are the same just as not all Democratic voters are alike. Your post comes across as not only the opposite of thoughtful and reasonable, but every bit as mean-spirited and bigoted as those you accuse of being that way.
      October 22, 2018 1:26 AM MDT