Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly religious folks are moral and the non-religious a-religious unreligious aren't. We see the BIG LIE in that don't we?

Allegedly religious folks are moral and the non-religious a-religious unreligious aren't. We see the BIG LIE in that don't we?

Evangelicals support the vile venal evil super don who is the most amoral immoral unnatural "human" who has ever been an American president. They conveniently can set aside all morality and shelve it when it gets in the way. Tsk tsk tsk. Do they think GOD is not watching and not taking names?If they believe in  GOD who knows all creates all and is everywhere how do they defend the indefensible? Do they think GOD is stupid?

Posted - October 22, 2018

Responses

As I see it, the Evangelicals, religious Catholics and Orthodox Jews who voted for "The Don" did so not because they admired his personal qualities and lifestyle, but because they believe Republican policies lead to more moral outcomes for society - who delivers those policies and facilitates those outcomes is secondary. Having a thrice-married, boastful, lying, vulgarian in the White House is no doubt a bitter pill for traditional and religious conservatives to swallow, but in the end they chose medium- to long-term outcomes over feeling good about themselves in the short term. 
      October 22, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

"....they believe Republican policies lead to more moral outcomes for society"! I'm stumped. With all due respect can you list them for me?

Tax cuts for the wealthy increased our deficit

McConnell says he will work  hard cutting social security and medicare to pay for the tax cuts for the rich

Another tax cut for the rich is on deck apparently. Of course they are in desperate need of more money

Separating children from parents at the border. Losing track of them. Never reuniting some of them.

Housing kidnapped kids in cages and kennels

Attacking health insurance with the goal of eliminating the AHCA INCLUDING pre-existing conditions despite what they are saying

That is just the tip of the iceberg Rev. I'm seriously ignorant of to what you allude so if you would be so kind as to educate me about the Republican policies that will lead to a more moral society I would appreciate it a lot. This post was edited by RosieG at October 22, 2018 12:05 PM MDT
      October 22, 2018 12:03 PM MDT

I suppose some of them would say appointing a conservative Supreme Court judge would be the single biggest goal for religious conservatives, and that has been achieved...but then I don't claim to be particularly well-informed about why different demographics vote the way they do.
      October 22, 2018 1:22 PM MDT

Yes....supreme court picks were a definite issue for many conservatives, myself included. 
      October 22, 2018 3:01 PM MDT

I have heard that too Rev. These folks "turn a blind eye" to the ugliness hate fear and vitriolic attacks that go on endlessly at all rallies and speeches and impromptu "news conferences" on the way to his plane. The super don is stoked when he can attack and insult and lie about his "enemies". It turns him on. He obviously gets off on it. As long as he keeps appointing ultra right-wing Conservative judges he will get away with anything. And those judges futurely will always vote the ultra Conservative right-wing way thus harming millions of people of color. That is a terrible thing to do but not for the trumpicans. It is what it is and that is a very sad ending to a country that used to be known for fighting for the RIGHTS of people worldwide. Now we are a laughingstock and the big buffoon draws the most ridicule.  But his supporters think they're doing real good. SIGH. It seems to me such a goal  as  locking in judges for eternity is not worth putting aside one's moral values, reverence for the truth, justice and being fair. I have heard that is the one thing that binds all trumpicans together but isn't it ironic that so much is "set aside" in terms of respect for human rights just to ensure that judges will rule the way extreme right-wing conservatives want them to rule? In the meantime people  are treated like trash. Hate grows ever bigger. Fear mongering is the basis for everything. Lies stoke the fear. And the people embrace  it with such devotion and conviction. It is a tragedy of hugely enormous magnitude and the beat goes on. SIGH. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      October 23, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

Funny, I haven't heard anyone but you say that.
      October 22, 2018 1:24 PM MDT